[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Right so a friend of mine is trying to figure out the color of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Right so a friend of mine is trying to figure out the color of this characters hair. Think you guys can pick a favorite. Suggestions accepted
>>
>>2441042
all of them are shitty color palets desu senpai. dont make your own threads.
>>
What about the rest of the character, the environments they'll be in, any partners of supporting characters?

Also, either cover the eyes or don't your "friends" midway is annoying.

>>2441046

Nowhere does it say he can't make his own thread.
>>
>>2441046

Nosebro don't make your own posts and kill yourself.
>>
>>2441046

Spend less time trying to be a minimoderator and more time drawing and maybe you won't have such dogshit progress for the 2 years you've been drawing.
>>
>>2441099
Just asked her about the environments and shit and she's just wanting to know your opinion on hair
>>
>>2441106
post your work :^)
>>
File: Ting.jpg (902 KB, 1334x848) Image search: [Google]
Ting.jpg
902 KB, 1334x848
>>2441114
Sorry for the late reply, Grabbing a bite to eat, heh.

Well, everything bleeds into each other with the things I mentioned before. Is her hair appropriate for her story/environment, does it help describe her character, is she the main character or a side, etc.

Things like the stance, demeanor, expressions would all help describe your character. Its hard to say from just the bust, but seeing that she is leaning forward, has raised shoulders and has covered her face makes her read as shy, meek, nervous person.

Small disclaimer, I'm no expert, my criticism and suggestions are not absolute, please don't take it as such.
I'm also mainly a robot and creature guy, I'm not too big on the anime style.

With that being said, and without knowing what your friend is going for, I'm not a big fan of slightly covering the face and I feel its more of a cover up rather than a design choice; Like I said before its annoying to look at, personally. Go all the way or don't. She also seems to have too many layers on her head, like a mop. Try not to extend the silhouette of the head too far, it looks unnatural. I can't personally make a good recommendation about colors without knowing a bit more.

I doodled this just for fun to hopefully show what I'm talking about a little more clearly. With just a few modifications you can get two different personalities.

Look, I don't want to pry if your friend doesn't want to share or hasn't thought about the details. Also that I don't personally feel fit to be giving advice on an anime style inspired character. Maybe some with more authority can help you out.

I'd tell your friend not to dwell too much on making a fully ironed out character for everything they draw.

Anyways, sorry for the mess. Take it easy.
>>
>>2441106
so you've been challenged to a art duel by nose bro?
>>
>>2441351
oh wow this makes it seem much more exciting, i guess every time my feelings are hurt ill request a duel now.
>>
>>2441311
Blog?
>>
>>2441311
Really useful advice man! I'll tell her this since she was looking for advice on just the hair. You've probably been the best help out of anyone so thanks (sorry for my late reply I live in England so I got your response at like 2 am)
>>
Doesn't deserve its own thread, and it's shitty
>>>/deviantart/
>>
>>2441042
my favourite colour is loomis
>>
>>2441046
Nose bro just get the fuck off out of here you talent-less fuck.

Shitstains like you should not be seen or heard.
>>
That relates more to the backstory/personality/origins of the character. Any decision would be made off of personal preference and not an informed decision as to which look would best accentuate the nature of the character.
>>
>>2441046
still better than 74% of /ic/
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.