[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My sister gave me this as a present. Have any of you guys used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
My sister gave me this as a present. Have any of you guys used it? Is it any good.
>>
>>2440701
Well, just going by the fact that the illustration on the cover doesn't look like manga at all, it's probably not that great. I really recommend the "How to Draw Manga" series by Tatsuhiro Ozaki (you can find a big ass torrent for it on TPB) if you're into that sort of thing. The series is old but not dated in the slightest, and even covers some good fundamental things to know as an artist in general.
>>
>>2440722
Almost looks like akabur's artwo...OMG!
>>
>>2440722
can't find it senpai
>>
>>2440701
why don't you open up the book and see for yourself dipshit
>>
>>2440958
Wow anon, what an intelligent and well reasoned response. It's as if a person can understand the validity of information in a book without anything to compare it too! I'm sure OP is much better off thanks to your frank and insightful commonsense response. Almost the sort of thing you wouldn't have even needed to think about ^.^
>>
>>2440701
>a reference for the rest of us
>aka the masses who are completely oblivious to manga

The irony is that it's a dummies book.
>>
>>2440701
LOOMIS
O
O
M
I
S
>>
>>2440722
Going by the illustration I'm guessing its more of a storyboarding / paneling book rather than "here's how you draw animus".
in which case it might actually be good. I find the dummies books to be a good intro to pick up usually decent knowledge on a subject before moving on to more advanced books.
>>
File: .....jpg (6 KB, 185x200) Image search: [Google]
.....jpg
6 KB, 185x200
>>2440722
Uh do you have a torrent or something? I can only keep finding his Maid book, and I can't find anything else off of Google or some of my torrent sites. I'm curious to read this and learn since a lot of the reviews say he's pretty good.
>>
>>2441167
>Going by the illustration I'm guessing its more of a storyboarding / paneling book
Even then, surely there are better books to learn from like Framed Ink, Drawing Comics the Marvel Way or Perspective for Comics

>>2440927
>>2441247
thepiratebay DOT se SLASH torrent/9003390/how_to_draw_manga_books

Says "Database Maintanance" right now. Check back whenever
>>
>>2441801
Piratebay is back ? ._.
>>
>>2441801
>>2441808
Nevermind, use this torrent. Not sure if exactly the same but seems to have most of what was in the other

kat DOT cr SLASH how-to-draw-manga-collection-t12136007.html
>>
It probably has some useful information in it and probably decent enough for someone looking to doodle or draw as a casual hobby. Otherwise, just go download some loomis.
>>
I'm jelly
my sister only gave me aids
>>
>>2441801
>even then there are surely better books
there are always better books. It doesn't mean the book is bad.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.