[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patreon in Europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Hi /ic/,
slowly I want to start my freelance career.
I noticed patreon would be a nice way to get some money on the side. But unfortunately since january 2015 there was a problem with patreon because of VATMOSS (mini one stop shop law). Which means that you will have to pay individual sales tax for digital trading from europe.

I found this update about patreon: https://www.patreon.com/posts/1817433
My business english is not the best, that's why my question is:
Is it possible to have a patreon as an european artist now?
Anyone here from europe that uses patreon and pays his taxes correctly?

(Another question:
I'm from germany and currently my income is too low to have to pay any kind of taxes. Does that mean I don't have to pay the sale taxes from the income at patreon at all? Or are sales tax not included in the "you don't have to pay taxes because you are too poor"-law?)
>>
>>2434385

fellow german anon checking in. this will be my first year where i'll actually have to pay taxes, and i'm researching all of this shit indepth atm. can't give you anything useful right now though.
>>
Don't forget we're governments cows.
>>
>>2434385
If you have a bit of income, how about visiting someone who know tax law and can help you with it?
I mean tax advisor or something. In my fucked up country you need to pay taxes if your income pass 1000$ per year.
>>
>>2434424
Where are you from anon?
>>
>>2434430
Mexico of Europe, Poland.
>>
>>2434424
yeah, on the long run I'll probably need a tax advisor
>>
>>2434456

this guy again >>2434387

I think you will, yeah. Also because they save you money, so ideally they pay for themselves.

Once you reach a certain income level you can also just write people like Algen a friendly email and ask him for advice. I know he has a patreon and has been pro since forever.
>>
>>2434385
I'm not sure how it works in germany. But here in belgium anyways it goes a bit like this.

You start out with asking 1000 euros.

Then the governement takes something like 6.5 vat for artists.
This is just if i work in belgium. If the compagny is outside of belgium...no taxes. that is if they have a vat number....otherwise i pay the 6.5 percent anyways because fuck you.

so it's not exactely 6.5 percent so i end up with something like
935 euros

Now since you are self imployed you need to pay employeurs taxes: 245,36 euros and also vacation taxes that you'll get back at the end of the year for some reason. 67,34 euros.
Then you need to pay social assurances if you ever get sick while working. so 14.20 euros or i think.

SO now you have you're real brut 607.09 euros.
from this you get taxed as employé...so 45,24 euros.
so you still have 561.85 euros.

this is the sum you will be taxed upon on the end of the year. If you earn as little as me...it's like 11 percent. So you end up with exactely
499.43 euros. But you'll get back your vacation at the end of the year who is bruto 100.84.

So voila...that's why freelance sucks ass and why being employed is easier.
>>
>>2434543
so now about the patreon.
Basically You need to pay VAT on everything you give as a service. But . Donation, gifts or public donation funds from governements are free from VAT.

So basically, patreon needs to know i they are considered gifts or a service. If they are under european law a service. they will have to pay taxes. Which patreon could get back in america depending on the laws applicable in america if they are based there.

That's as much as i understand.
>>
not yet professional artist from romania, monitoring this thread, don't ask me anything, I know shit
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.