[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monitor Calibration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Monitor.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Monitor.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
Do you faggots have your monitor calibrated ?
How does one calibrate a monitor properly ?
>>
File: x-rite_i1display_pro.jpg (35 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
x-rite_i1display_pro.jpg
35 KB, 625x625
You use one of these.

I don't really see a point unless you're doing work that requires absolute color accuracy and have control of the output, in the case of print. Most good monitors already come decent out of the box.
>>
File: 1457300847153.png (405 KB, 501x451) Image search: [Google]
1457300847153.png
405 KB, 501x451
I can't seem to find any information about precise "good" gamma
>>
>>2433813
http://www.eizoglobal.com/library/basics/lcd_display_gamma/
>>
File: 1453951281679.jpg (53 KB, 503x449) Image search: [Google]
1453951281679.jpg
53 KB, 503x449
Anyone here using a TN monitor for digital art ?
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/viewing_angle.php

I have one (144hz) and I'm having a hard time working in photoshop 60 fps
Would anyone recommend changing monitor or staying on a TN monitor ?
>>
>>2433959
I wouldn't do any sort of work in TN panel. The modern expensive monitors like the Asus ROG Swift have decent color reproduction thanks to the 8-bit panel, but the viewing angles are still atrocious. If you can fit a second monitor in your desk, get one.
>>
>>2433981
crossover ips screen
same base as apple screen but cheaper
>>
>>2433742
It doesn't really matter, everyone sees it differently of its going to be visible to anyone online it doesn't matter. If its for print and you want a perfect output then it matters.
>>
>>2434561
Qnix PLS is pretty decent too, I think most of those Korean monitors are. Best value if you want a cheap 1440p monitor.
>>
>>2433742
Yes. I use a tablet PC and I calibrate it with a Datacolor Spyder.
>>
>>2434581
It does. I've had my monitor so out of whack that I noticed an issue while shading grayscale. I could only go between like two shades of dark grey/black. Turned out, my shit looked pitch black on every monitor but my own.
>>
>>2434581
Overall it doesn't as long as your monitor displays a proper range, but working from a monitor with a slight tint to it can be quite deceiving. Wouldn't be the first time someone got a new monitor and found out most of their work has a brown-greenish tinge to it because they'd been working off a crappy bluish laptop screen for years.
>>
>>2434561
The only problem with it is that it has a yellowy tint out of the box, and even after calibrating th whites dont look quite white but still yellow/warm.

Also recommend removing the matte coating, its grainy as balls.
>>
>>2436837
This happened to me recently. I have a cheap LG ips, and then i got a Dell ips.
The difference in calibration was really big and the lg one had a blueish tone.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.