[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Share your resources on learning reilly abstraction method
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: url.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
hey I will post learning sources out there i found on learning the reilly method. can you share some too? i want more.
>>
File: cover_rle02.jpg (17 KB, 172x242) Image search: [Google]
cover_rle02.jpg
17 KB, 172x242
there is also a second dvd. both are taught by Ron Lemen and released by gnomon. great great lessons get them!!
>>
File: NathanFowkes_Clark.jpg (125 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
NathanFowkes_Clark.jpg
125 KB, 1200x600
I would also reccomend Nathan's Portrait charcoal course great!!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
the obvious one being the big man himself. also proko falls under him
>>
soo do do you guys know of more?? please share
>>
>>2430060
Watts is Damon expensive, how does it compare to nma quality/education wise?
>>
Jeff is of course really great, I took many of his Phase I classes and they were something else. he will first of all, show you again and again how to do something and show it to you in many idffrent ways and demand that you repeat this again and again to the poin that you will prpably come to hate him for it. that is until you make that breakthrough, then you will back for more, as i was.

i should also recommend his father. a great technical artist in his own right and an amazing gouache artist. i would highly recommend his mood and atmosphere class.

NMA is hit and miss. but they are really good for their price. and you wouldnt go wrong by choosing them.

if you want to get a taste of whats is offering in his drawing classes (not painting) get this "Drawing from the Model" dvd, its on CGP. i actually learn from this before i started his fundamentals phase I class. its really great and underrated.
I am going to enroll to NMA soon, as well. how can one no after they have our lord and saviour villpu there?

also share!! please!!
>>
>>2430118
Sounds pretty sweet, if I ever got the money I'd definitely try out watts, maybe even go half on the price with a friend but for now I'm loving nma and their library reference.
>>
also i forgot to mention GLEN ORBIK, i just recently got his drawing course and havnt learn match from him yet. but looks good

http://www.zarolla.com/classes/
>>
as far as i know, the bad thing about the reilly method is that he himself never wrote a book or guide illustrating the concepts of said method, so all we know about it comes from students of his and the notes they took from the lectures he gave. This translates to different people teaching different ways to the reilly abstraction
>>
Beginner here, what's the benefit of learning Reilly compared to other portraiture methods?

Will it be useful for better accuracy when drawing from reference? Or drawing the same head accurately in different angles? What is the point exactly?
>>
More like the gaily method, am I right fellas?
>>
>>2430127
you paid for art lessons from a dead guy that went to Cal Arts? why?
>>
>>2430185
dont be a faggot anony

>>2430159
the whole point of it, is that you are working towards a stage where you will be very rarely be needing a refrence it. it is extremely useful for animators. who need to come up with a characters and yet also retain the likeness of these characters whilst at the same time being able to draw them from any angle.

>>2430188
is he dead? are you sure. i watched couple of his lessons just yesterday. you lying to me senpai?
>>
>>2430204
he died of cancer.

do you people do any research or do you buy the first thing that catches your eye?
>>
>>2430212
oh my god :(

I can assure you it is him. i am extremely sad that he passed away. i was just watching the first week yesterday. and he was really funny, with his dry humor and humble.

the lesson were pre recorded. i am not familiar with the artist but i assure you that it is not fake.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.