[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the year 2016. Why are schools and college art classes so against
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 599x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 599x625
the year 2016. Why are schools and college art classes so against drawing the naked body?
>>
theyre not, mine has it all week long
>>
I just started high school last fall but there was already a kid kicked out for nude art.
>>
>>2427388
Because there are very few people that take it seriously. Mostly you will see horny males with raging boners, the casual wet girl, and the not so rare, stealth fap guy.
>>
>>2427412
Though I don't think children should be shielded from nudity ect. necessarily.
Censorship for children is not the same as censorship for adults/ those above the age of consent, this is why we have age ratings.
Also fuck off underage fag.
>>
>>2427435
>stealth fap guy.

Truly a hero
>>
>>2427435
Holy shit, what school did YOU go to?
>>
>>2427388
Are they ? My school has mandatory academic classes, which is a fancy word for figure drawing class.
We also have sculpting classes with nude models.
Maybe it's just where you live anon.
>>
My college is a community college with a plethora of fine art classes, but not a single syllabus includes anything along the lines of "nude studies."

The teachers do encourage students to find nudes to study, however. It's just not a class topic.
>>
Huh? My college offers live model nude drawings all the time. The hell are you talking about, op?
>>
>>2427412
>just started high school

Kindly fuck off.
>>
>>2427388
My college has nude model sessions frequently. Though, I live in a liberal state.
>>
>>2427388
we do it every day at mine..
>>
>>2427388
Where are you getting that from? I have friends at various art colleges and they have nude study sessions all the time, some even open to the public for a door fee.
>>
>>2427388
>le current year man argument
>>
>>2427388
Even when I was in highschool there were nude figure drawing classes...
>>
>>2427388
I just spent 4 hours drawing a nekkid dude today
>>
>>2427412
>literally underage
If you get banned its going to be hilarious
4chan is 18+ mate

also no art school is against nude figures. you're retarded OP
>>
File: 145148765464.jpg (1003 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
145148765464.jpg
1003 KB, 4500x4334
>Go to family gathering
>Only see them like once a year, we usually spend like a week together in a huuuge house
>Uncles and cousins interested in my drawings
>Qt cousin who is 19 wants me to draw her
>Nervous I'll fuck up but I accept
>Next day, she comes to my room
>I'm sharpening my pencils, ready to draw the portrait
>Actually strips naked in front of me
>>
>>2427435
>Because there are very few people that take it seriously
What shithole of a school did you go to? Fuck, I've taken figure drawing classes at a public college and even there everyone was professional and just focused on their drawings.
>>
File: CURRENT YEAR.jpg (79 KB, 669x664) Image search: [Google]
CURRENT YEAR.jpg
79 KB, 669x664
>>2427388
reminded me of this
>>
>>2427783
I'm calling bullshit.
>>
>>2427847
So, what happened after that, anon?
>>
File: 14523648348920.jpg (8 KB, 199x200) Image search: [Google]
14523648348920.jpg
8 KB, 199x200
>>2427847
>>
>>2427891
he snapped out of his daydream to the weirded out look on his QT cousin's face
>>
File: 1418052123536.jpg (25 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1418052123536.jpg
25 KB, 200x189
>>2427847
>cousin (15) exclaims "pecs" and feels my chest for 10-20 seconds
>asks if I've been working out
>flex arm "you tell me"
>"oh my god"
>holds my arm as we walk along street with her friend later that day
>touches my abs at dinner
>"solid"

>mfw
>>
>>2427530
Wow, that's odd, my figure drawing classes in CC always had nude models. I live in California, if that makes a difference.
>>
>>2427920

I thought I was on /fit/ for a moment
>>
>>2427920

you made it son, good on you, now you just need to tap that, but only if she as at least second cousin, first if you are from west virginia and have no shame.
>>
File: Untitled g_x264_VP8.webm (120 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Untitled g_x264_VP8.webm
120 KB, 320x240
bodys is beautiful
>>
my professor had a nude model come in every class, only females though.
>>
>>2427920
>>flex arm "you tell me"
How incestuously autistic can a pedophile get
>>
>>2427388

Most people are plebs op.. straight up it's only in the Hight scocietys where the culture is actually appreciated. Great thing about art is it puts you in the "Gentery" class and allows you to move between the different facets of society at free will.
>>
>>2427388
Really? I thought I was going to a pretty bland university and even they have nude modeling sessions every week. I never head anybody make a fuss over it either.
>>
>>2427843
he won't get banned. when was the last time a mod came to /ic/? we are totally ignored
>>
>>2428160
somebody can start high school later in their life too
>>
>>2427864
I went to an art program in highschool, we had it in grade 11 onwards, doubt it would have worked out in grade 9 and 10
Idk what I'd gain from lying about that
>>
I've never seen a high school teach nude art, colleges plenty, hell they still do it constantly. High school though, never, and it never will be a thing. At least not in the states.
>>
>>2428222
I live in Canada, maybe that's why no one minds? There were also literally only about 10 students left in my program by the last year so not many people to complain
>>
test
>>
>>2427412
>high school
Well yeah dude, there's your problem.
>>
>>2427388
Damn I didn't know I needed to see that pic until now.

Anyway probably because religion. In terms of high school (and younger) it's likely a liability thing because our society as a whole has an aversion to nudity. Add the fact that most high schoolers don't take art because they give a shit but because it's "easy" (aside from AP classes) it would be a waste of money to hire a model. I did have one class whre we took turns modeling (fully clothed) in middle school but it was wasted on, y'know, middle schoolers who didn't care.

My college does nude drawings though but they have non-nude drawing classes for those who cannot participate for one reason or another (religion, discomfort, etc) I think this is a better system than to only offer one or another and alienate a part of the school.
>>
>>2427388
They're not?
>>
>>2429004
religion is right, anon. In my area (which is fairly liberal) there is more than one Christian art college which recruit students from conservative homes that are worried about nudity. I would never have heard about them, except an (ex) mennonite friend happened to mention it.

And my local university has scaled back life drawing due to complaints from religious students.

OP is right - it is definitely a thing.
>>
If you're in a post-highschool art academy and there's no nude figure drawing, gtfo, because it's shit.
>>
>>2427927
Also from Cali in a CC, can confirm figure drawing includes nude models day 1

It might have something to do with funding
>>
>>2427388
My college figure drawing class has a nude model every week, where are you basing this off of.
>>
File: jj0421w.jpg (199 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
jj0421w.jpg
199 KB, 600x450
they're not.
>>
>>2427388
In highschool For my final piece I Used that chick that circulates sometimes online with the tattoos gas mask thats naked...
>>
>>2427412
Enjoy your ban, retard.
>>
>>2427684
You're gonna draw trannies real soon, m8.
>>
>>2427847
>>2427920

They wanted your BENIS :D
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.