[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here hates talented People?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: lol.jpg (114 KB, 716x960) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
114 KB, 716x960
if you were never once called talented, what in God's name motivated you to pick up a pencil and call yourself an artist you sorry pieces of fucking shit?
>>
>>2426907

It motivates me to get gud so people think I'm born with talent
>>
I always enjoyed doodling as a kid, so I decided to take it further. I've never had any sort of talent or disposition for art, but nothing else gives me the exhilarating feeling that creating art does.
>>
File: 2R (26 KB, 538x538) Image search: [Google]
2R
26 KB, 538x538
>>2426907
Actually when you start doing quite good at drawing everyone who likes it and doesn't know about art will call you talented
Anyway you just need the passion to start and don't stop just because you don't see instant results and lots of hard work
>>
>>2426907
I met my best friend in 4th grade and we both liked to draw a lot. He, however, was born with a natural aptitude for it and I, well I never had an ounce of talent.
But it never mattered, because we were kids and all that mattered was that it was fun.
15 years later, he is a teacher and I am an artist (and soldier).
I don't know what point I had with this anecdote, but maybe you can glean something from it,
>>
>m-muh talent
>>
I don't hate talented people
I pity them
They are blind
Everyone around them has told them they are amazing and perfect in every way
So they stopped improving

Untalented people were ignored and learned quickly that they need to buckle down and improve

In the end it's the untalented people that become the best artists

If that's your art OP or it's someone elses art that you think is good then I should really tell you that it's not and the only reason it's not good isn't because the artist is talented or not but it's because they haven't studied.
You can't understand what a human looks like or how perspective works if you've never studied those things before. Nobody is born with knowledge
>>
File: ua.jpg (4 KB, 270x262) Image search: [Google]
ua.jpg
4 KB, 270x262
did an actual human being make this thread
>>
beauty
>>
Tell me.

Is it hard to git gud ?
>>
File: RWS_Tarot_02_High_Priestess.jpg (135 KB, 750x1302) Image search: [Google]
RWS_Tarot_02_High_Priestess.jpg
135 KB, 750x1302
OP here. You guys make salient points, however, the point of my thread is that it is often overlooked that telling a child that they are talented is a piece of the puzzle.

Being told you're talented forms a critical part of one's personal narrative as an artist, or any field.
The fact you need to be told, and can't simply call yourself talented for the full effect lies in the "good father" example:
If you tell people "I'm a good father!" not only are they likely to say "uhmm ok cool" but they also aren't probably going to believe you.
If someone else tells you, "He is a good father." Then the other person will most likely begin to ask "oh wow why is that?" automatically choosing to dissect the claim instead of dismissing it completely.
Humans have a strange relationship with authority.

=Highest chance of success=
+People who are talented, told they are talented, but choose to work hard anyways.

+People who aren't talented, told they are talented, but choose to work hard anyways.

=Mediocre chances of success=
+People who are talented, are told they are talented, and let their ego take the place of hard work.
+People who are talented, aren't told they are talented, and let their ego take the place of hard work.
+People who aren't talented, aren't told they are talented, but choose to work hard.

=Unlikely chances of success=
+People who are not talented, are told they are talented, and did not choose to work hard.

=Abysmal chances of success=
+People who are not talented, not told they are talented, and do not choose to work hard.

I'm saying all this because you guys care about the fundamentals, but are overlooking the human aspects of the craft. Lord knows how many threads I've seen about "ugh I have such an art block I can't work i want to commit suicide"
I may be shit, have a shit personality, no work ethic, but I never had doubts culminate into an art block.
>>
>>2426907
Because I fucking love art. I've been away from art occasionally, I always automatically came back to it.

Recently my father saw my sketch work, for the first time in the 8 years I've been practicing.
He said I had the talent from my family.
>>
>>2426907
sparkless fags on suicide watch
>>
>>2427267
Damn son you're like an expert on humans, so jelly, wish i had your talent.
>>
>>2426944
Now that's quite the massive generalization.
>>
well, theres a little secret you dont seem to know about.

i'm gonna tell you, it's kinda fucked, so, i hope you're sitting down...some people...actually...ENJOY drawing. ya ever think about that? yeah i know, shocker.

its not about the drawing being good, its about enjoying the process of crafting it and learning. you will never reach your fullest potential as an artist unless you actually enjoy MAKING your art.
>>
I was called talented by several art teachers since I was a kid. However instead of actually practicing my retarded underage mind decided to take pride on my "talent" and "potential" and I never really practiced anymore until little over a year ago, when I started coming to /ic/ regularly and drawing almost every day.

I feel regret. A big load of it. My only consolation is that now, 7 years later, I'm going in the correct path drawing several hours every day. I could have so much mileage by now.
>>
File: 1439855231088.gif (1 MB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1439855231088.gif
1 MB, 500x377
You mean before being called talented or after? Before was cartoons and anime (a millenial on 4chan influenced by animation? no shit) and after was myself pretty much cause I'm never satisfied with myself or anything I do. It kinda sucks. It's why I don't upload or finish anything. Hope to get over myself soon.

Maybe if you practiced a little you can feel like a piece of shit too
>>
I'm 21 not talented person, my draws always were a shit, but since I choose to draw more often I got a great progrest.sometimes people says you are talented but I response "isn't talent, it's effort"
>>
This board fucking sucks where should I go to talk about drawing without all this emo drama shit
>>
>>2427267
I think the main issue is that people like you over the fuck think this. Go away if you cant draw, no one cares.

But on the subject, has there actually been legit talented people in the industry? Like serously, has talent actually been confirmed yet? Every time someone amazing comes up and asked about their back story, it's usually completely fucked up and makes me feel spoiled for my current living state.
>>
>>2426907
I like your work OP. Blog?
>>
>>2427267
>People who aren't talented, told they are talented, but choose to work hard anyways.

I'm told by all my teachers i have talent, but my art sucks. I basically just debunked your theory.
>>
>>2426907
>he doesn't have the spark
pathetic
>>
>People who are not talented, are told they are talented, and did not choose to work hard.

I CAN TURN THIS ONE AROUND
>>
>>2426944
>implying sparklers don't try to improve
>we can actually see how fucking terrible it is and how we need to get better

It's funny when someone posts art saying they trained for years to get there when I had that skill when I was 15.

My point is, if they're not already somewhat talented, they're not going to get far.
>>
>>2429236
Ever tried answering >>2427563
>>
File: Kirschwasser.png (411 KB, 518x502) Image search: [Google]
Kirschwasser.png
411 KB, 518x502
>>2428807
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=1551752
>>
>>2427563

Never feel that way.
those of us who are fucked up want nothing more than to preserve the gem of naivety within people like you
>>
>>2429282
But you're not fucked. Why not use that time to learn to draw?
>>
>>2426907
>>2429268
adding these to my cringe folder
>>
Holy Shit. This is garbage if ive ever seen it. this looks like a fucking cow
>>
shit tastes and how well acquainted you are with the person
just act really nice while acting like an attention whore and get those shekels
>>
File: 1454369155236.jpg (32 KB, 298x290) Image search: [Google]
1454369155236.jpg
32 KB, 298x290
>>2426907

What a miserable pile of excrement you are.

I hope your life improves one day, I really dare. Sad!
>>
who doesn´t envy good artists? Even artists you envy envy better artists himself
>>
what a shitty thread, sage.

clearly OP doesn't have the spark.
>>
>talent
sorry you dont have the discipline to work for what you want, loser :)
>>
If you have the ability to be self critical and can acuratly judge your own work against those that you put on a pedestal then it starts to get annoying when your mommy tells you that you are a special talented snowflake.
>>
File: michelangelo on genius.jpg (130 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
michelangelo on genius.jpg
130 KB, 600x600
>>2426907
I don't hate talented people because pic fucking related you lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>2431198
That is a monstrously stupid quote.
>>
>>2431238
& ur dumb
>>
I got called talented.
In art class I would draw something and the other kids and teachers would look at it and be like 'wow ur so talented omg'
But I never let it get to me. I just politely accepted the little self esteem boosts and moved on.
Of course certain people have a natural aptitude for some things. Perhaps I'm more visually oriented and thus I naturally ended up doing art.
Anyways now I only compare my shitty work with the greats to motivate myself to get beyond talent.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.