[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General critique thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Kid.jpg (585 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
Kid.jpg
585 KB, 5000x5000
Didn't see one, so here it is.
Post your work.

It's unfinished, but I just wanted to know if I was headed in the right direction.
>>
>>2425866
>sticky
the right direction
>>
>>2425884
Are you saying my work is crap?
>>
>>2425904
yes, go study
>>
Lay off the soft brush/airbrush and stop tracing.
>>
Airbrushing is so fucking ugly, sorry dude.
>>
File: 2016-03-03 12.33.48.jpg (429 KB, 1412x1412) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-03 12.33.48.jpg
429 KB, 1412x1412
>>2425981
>>2426028
Appreciate the critiques, I just don't know what I would use to shade, maybe hatching?
>>
>>2426088
dont do that. hatching wont fix what you have going on. learn to actually render, and it looks like your images are drawn 1:1 from photos, try not to do that, it's painfully obvious.
>>
>>2426088

No, just block your values in with a hard brush, then soften areas where you need softer edges and gradations with a soft brush. Again, stop tracing, you are wasting your time and you're not impressing anyone.
>>
learn to draw, then learn to render
>>
>>2426104

This
>>
>>2426100
I'm using my phone to look at the picture I'm drawing.

I'll take all the tracing comments as compliments
>>
>>2426125

You are only fooling yourself.
>>
Didn't see anything about rendering in sticky
>>2426130
Yea whatever say buddy.
>>
>>2426125

They're not saying you're tracing mate, just copying from refrence.
Which makes the work boring, you don't add anything.
Even when working from ref you can make it more interesting by exaggerating certain things in the picture(value, colors, feauture, ect)

If they're just studies, try to focus more on edge control.(just google it, I belive ctrl+paint covers it)
>>
I'll be completely honest. Your art sucks ass.
Let me guess. You went your whole life being told by parents, friends, and teachers that your art is amazing so you never felt the need to improve. And now here you are on /ic/ fishing for compliments.
>>
>>2426125
>I'll take all the tracing comments as compliments

You shouldn't.
>>
I drew myself last weekend. thoughts?
>>
>>2426135
see>>2426104
rendering is not for beginners, which you are
>>
>>2427069
NO RULES JUST TOOLS

A beginner can do whatever they fucking please, they should have fun and explore. Art is not a technical skill.
>>
>>2427073

>Art is not a technical skill.

K E K
E
K
>>
>>2427073

Pls stop semantics bulshit. Everyone in /ic/ thinks about art in terms of draftsmanship.
>>
>>2427121
>>2427120
Even if you don't believe in that, no rules just tools still applies. A beginner should have the freedom to try everything out and not limit themselves.
>>
an this here is why i hate digital fugs. look at this egenerate crap being passe around as art!!

a 5 year ol with a pencil will have ha something better to say
>>
>>2427256
>giving a shit what anyone "has to say" with art
>>
File: url.jpg (8 KB, 279x181) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
8 KB, 279x181
>>2427123
>no rules just tools
>>
>>2428866
>not believing in our Lord and saviour villpu
>>
Stop drawing contours and actually learn and understand the forms your putting down.

If you're going to continue doing it the way you are consider pushing your values; Use your darkest darks to your lightest lights.
>>
>>2427073
and with no technical skill, you got no tools, no way to explore, little way to have fun.

Just inevitable circlejerk of selfimportant art/style to prove oneself.
>>
>>2425866
>General critique thread
you mean the draw thread.
delete this meaningless thread.
>>
File: Record.jpg (472 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
Record.jpg
472 KB, 1080x1080
>>2425866
Pretty good artwork, the only thing I'd suggest is a few hard dark lines to mix with the soft greys features- other than that, it's damn fine.

>>2427062
I like this a lot! You should release a coloring book.
heres a link to my shitty artworks
http://routine-lobotomy.tumblr.com/
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.