[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can draw but I can't write comedy. Any ideas to remedy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 500x503
I can draw but I can't write comedy. Any ideas to remedy this so I can start a web comic?
>>
>>2422805
black comedy is always popular, write about how depressing your life is. Maybe make it so that the main chracter(s) try to kill themselves each strip but something gets in the way.
>>
>>2422805
Actually you don't need to be "good" at all to do comedic-type webcomics. (Just look at xkcd) I don't really have comedy tips for you, but do you really want to do humor? Are you doing it for the popularity or do you really want to write it over other genres?
>>
It doesn't have to be funny.
Like you could make a comic about your gf's miscarriage
>>
>>2422805
why do you want to draw a comedy web if you don't know how to do comedy, it's clearly not your thing
>>
Is there a single webcomic that's funny? I'm under the impression that no one who makes a webcomic can write comedy.
>>
>>2422828
Ronnie is great.
>>
>>2422805
Schadenfreude.

Comedy is based on suffering. Why do you think Blues or Dramas or Funny Fails are so popular?
>>
>>2422805
When was being able to draw a requirement for making a webcomic?
>>
>>2422828

Nedroid.
>>
>>2422859
OP said he CAN draw, but can't write.
>>
>>2422805

> I can draw
Put your money where your mouth is.
In all seriousness, I'd actually like to read your comic if you're as good at drawing as you claim.
>>
File: 1455618584376.png (607 KB, 865x805) Image search: [Google]
1455618584376.png
607 KB, 865x805
>>2422805
make edits of SJW comics
>>
>>2422805
I think I can write comedy but cant draw. Lets team up, OP.
>>
>>2422805
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5t4xS2PqFFA

This might help.
>>
You really have to be a generally funny person. All funny and witty people I know grew up on watching witty cartoons and sitcoms. Stuff like the Simpsons, Seinfeld, and for cartoons Looney Tunes. Listen to or watch comedians. There's no how-to guide for being funny.
>>
>>2423219
Still amazingly relevant. God bless
>>
Real life experience is your best source. Even if it's boring/ depressing you can get comedy from cynicism or pathos.

Every joke has needs a victim. It can be you, the audience, or even the joke itself; but it has to be targeting something.

Also, it should be surprising; you don't want your audience to be 2 steps ahead of the jokes.
>>
>>2422852
>Blues
>suffering
>popular

Blues only got it's name in the 20's then they couldn't call it Negro music anymore. Just like they had to change Hillbilly music to Bluegrass and Country.

Blues music never was about suffering and tragedy till around the mid 60's when white people got ahold of it. Early blues was about partying, fucking, drinking, and violence more often than not.
>>
>>2422805
>I can draw

You are overqualified for webcomics
>>
>>2422814
>>2422814
>>2422814
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
>>
pair up with a good writer
or practice until you git gud at it
>>
>>2422805
>I can draw but I can't write comedy. Any ideas to remedy this so I can start a web comic?

>teach me how to be entertaining to the internet

no
>>
>>2422805
If you don't do comedy, and don't want to do comedy, the worst thing you can do is try to do comedy.

That shows you disrespect and hate comedy.

You hate it... and you want to -hurt- it.
>>
>>2422828
Nedrodi, Whomp!, and Bear Nuts are pretty good.
>>
>>2423392
Not him, but Nedroid is fantastic at that.

Thank you /co/.
>>
>>2423983

In the world of webcomics, Nedroid is a thing of purity.
Comics only come out when the author has a quality idea. Drawing style is childish, but functional and charming. Despite the political mudslinging amongst webcomic artists, Nedroid has stayed absolutely clean, no forced agendas, strawmen or twitter slapfights.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.