[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys I spent a lot of time getting this right, I plan to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_3919.jpg (587 KB, 793x1070) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3919.jpg
587 KB, 793x1070
Hey guys I spent a lot of time getting this right, I plan to start drawing for comission, do you think this is a good piece for my portofolio?
>>
>>2421958
yes if you redo it, its "stacked",more fluidity,less compact
hf gohard on practice and go for it
>>
File: goofusParody4.jpg (373 KB, 676x624) Image search: [Google]
goofusParody4.jpg
373 KB, 676x624
>>2422022
you know one thing thats helpful is leaving a critique that the artist can understand
>>
>>2422022
What nigga?
>>
>>2421958
pretty bland. you arent going to learn anything by drawing like this
>>
>>2421958
You could totally draw for commission successfully, because from a basic standpoint, the ability to reference ANY single photo and recreate it with technical skill is remarkable. People on /ic/ are so used to criticizing it for not being impressive or creative enough, or... for god's sake, they're wondering how utile it is compared to a camera... they're so used to criticizing it that they forget how cool it is in the first place.

You were able to make it look like a photo by putting enough dots together. That's an amazing thing that will never get old for anyone. You can definitely make commission money off that.
>>
>>2422082
You're the kind of guy who goes "Why do I need life-drawing? I want to express myself through deep and acid-like things like Adventure Time and Steven Universe!" I hope you know that.
>>
File: february-28-2016-2.jpg (341 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
february-28-2016-2.jpg
341 KB, 675x900
>>2422109
wrong again. im the hand guy. should i kill myself today? im sick of seeing shit art everywhere
>>
>>2421958
Comissions of what? I don't think there is a huge online market for model studies.
>>
>>2422136
>huge online market
>commissions

/ic/ realizes that commissions exist beyond people ordering drawings off some fast-food style menu on Tumblr, right?
>>
Looks very professional. Don't listen to these faggots, it should go in the portfolio.
>>
>>2421958
Define drawing for commission. Are we talking deviantart commissions, or freelance/contract work?

Either way, your portfolio should showcase the type of work that you want to do, especially for the latter category. Your portfolio should show clients work that's similar to what they'd pay you to do. Figure out what jobs you want, and that in turn dictates whether this piece is suitable for that portfolio.
>>
>>2422082
never said he wanted to learn anything, he's in just for the money
>>
>>2422156
Never heard of this system.
>>
Can you draw anime?
>>
>>2422128
No, but you should work on your perspective
>>
>>2422109
>>2422128
HAND AND SELF PORTRAIT GUY LOL

>>2422162
this OP DEFINE DEFINE
>>
>>2422128
Your joints are shit and your portrait isn't great.
>>
>>2421958
if you enjoyed making that yes, go for it, it is a very well done piece
>>
>>2421958
You should go back and finish that stool he is leaning against
>>
>>2422128
lol m8
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.