[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the name of this artist/piece? Saw it at the Met
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_2941.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2941.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
What's the name of this artist/piece?
Saw it at the Met today and forgot to look for the info
>>
>>2421157
You really don't know who this is?

Ha. You will never make it.
>>
>>2421189
I'm not an art student and/or artist, I'm just curious
>>
Looks like a bait thread to me. Is it actually a famous piece or did you make it OP
>>
>>2421197
No! It was on display at the Met. I really just don't remember any information about it/can't find any info about it online.
>>
>>2421202
http://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection

Is it on here?
>>
It's called "a close up of my sweater"
>>
>>2421202

I tried searching, but I don't even know what keywords to limit my search to besides "lots of small lines"
>>
looks like carpet
>>
Thumb looks like the amount of kanji needed to pass N4
>>
File: 1451126299688.gif (105 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1451126299688.gif
105 KB, 480x360
>>2421157
>tfw op just drew lines on a paper and took a photo of it to bait /ic/
>>
>>2421157
that's "IMG_2941" by OP... its pretty well known.
>>
>>2421157
If I were to guess, it seems to be a work which is related to the Minimalism movement. First names to come to mind were Eva Hesse and Agnes Martin, but I don't think it's either of them.

You say you were at the Met, do you mean the Moma?

Also, you could just email the photo to someone at the Met and ask them. I'm sure someone over there would be able to tell you by the pic.
>>
>>2421157
thanks for the texture
>>
>>2421157
Looks like there's still hope for anons that do nothing but line and circle exercises for days on end.
>>
>>2422919
>just email the photo to someone at the Met
Yea I think this should be done.

>for reals
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.