[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ic/ I crafted this for my girlfriend as the first out of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: Snapchat-5986791903396657228.jpg (152 KB, 600x1024) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5986791903396657228.jpg
152 KB, 600x1024
Hey /ic/

I crafted this for my girlfriend as the first out of many things I'm going to give her.

You see, i've goofed and this will be gifted in a semi-apologetic way. After 7 hours and 5 light bulbs of putting this together, I'm about to give it to her. It's meant to look a bit messy and have a D-I-Y feel.

What do you guys think? Femanons would you like it?
R8
>>
File: Snapchat-592897960500364169.jpg (201 KB, 600x1024) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-592897960500364169.jpg
201 KB, 600x1024
Front view
>>
so this doesn't actually light up anymore does it
>>
kek i hope it doesnt light up still
>>
File: 1452624235879.png (1 MB, 1267x669) Image search: [Google]
1452624235879.png
1 MB, 1267x669
>>2420776
>you will never hold an artist GF hand
>>
>>2420776
i get that its the thought that counts and all that shit, but how fucking shitty is it to gift someone some crap you made yourself?
like imagine your cousin or something gifted you a painting they did for your wedding or whatever. what a fucking lame gift. unless i like their work and have specifically mentioned that i'd like to own a piece of theirs, it just strikes me as shoddy and cheap
>>
>>2420776
It's cute in an at-least-you-tried sort of way, but I wouldn't want that as a first gift.
>>
>>2420901

If the person actually means something to me I prefer a handmade gift, personally. I still have keepsakes that a friend of mine made (quite cheaply) because an expensive present wasn't affordable, and it means as much if not more to me than if she'd bought something expensive.
If the person you're gifting it to is sentimental I'd say it's better than just buying something. If all they give a shit about is the monetary value of their possessions than sure, bad idea.

That said OP's looks kinda shitty anyway.
>>
Looks lame. I hope she finds a boyfriend who is a better artist.
>>
It looks kind of tacky and very cheap but it's also kind of cute. She'll probably like it.

>>2420901
Really? I've always thought the opposite. Since I'm an artist I feel like it would look like I don't really care if I just go buy something, rather than putting in the time to create something more personal to show my appreciation for them. Unless I have a really good idea for a bought gift or aren't close enough to them to do something personal like that, paintings are my go-to gift and people usually seem to really like them. But maybe they're just being polite. I've had people tell me that they hung it up in their house, though.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.