[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make colors in Photoshop? Is using the eyedropper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (1 MB, 233x220) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 233x220
How do you make colors in Photoshop? Is using the eyedropper cheating? How else do I get the colors to look like what I'm painting?
>>
>>2417497
By painting from life. By getting it wrong over and over over hundreds/thousands of times to train your eye to see color correctly. Just like any artists learning to paint traditionally would do?

You'll never make it.
>>
File: skintones.jpg (151 KB, 558x834) Image search: [Google]
skintones.jpg
151 KB, 558x834
Practice and experimentation.
>>
Try eyeballing the color and then using the eyedropped tool to check your work. The try eyeballing it again from scratch, knowing what the eyedropper color picked.
It also helps to isolate the color, so you can see the actual shade rather than what it looks like relative to the surrounding colors.
>>
>>2417519
>You'll never make it
Classic /ic/
>>
fundies
nothing wrong with eyedropper assuming you aren't talking about picking from a photo. it can be a good exercise for learning in the right context though.
>>
>>2417731
forgot to mention it's important to not color pick from your own shit too much because you'll end up with a muddy shitfest
>>
Set up a palette. The eyedropper is a tool. no tool is really "cheating" so long as you're getting the result you want out of it. it's just a tool.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.