[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I learned that based Mullins created concept art for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
>mfw I learned that based Mullins created concept art for the first Jurassic Park movie
>>
>>2417077
kek at that trex head
and is he dancing or like "oh shiet didnt mean to drown your car"
>>
>>2417077
That's pretty cringeey picture desu.
>>
If only I were born ten years earlier. I feel like it would've been so incredibly easy to get into the industry back then even if you were relatively bad.
>>
>>2417143

Are you implying this level of work is easy to achieve?
>>
>>2417143
it was. even feng said in his podcast that it was easy for him cus the concept design job didnt really even exist back then.
>>
>>2417146
No, I'm saying that average or relatively bad concept artists by today's standards who can't get in the industry could produce work that would easily get them into the industry back then.
>>
>>2417206
you're a fucking moron. ofc people are better now - because there's been so many resources poured into it. The internet exists, competition is higher. The relative difficulty was HIGHER back then.

Jesus christ people are fucktards. Go fucking hang yourself cunt.
>>
File: ifo1xz80sq1lqwepwnwf.jpg (348 KB, 1600x901) Image search: [Google]
ifo1xz80sq1lqwepwnwf.jpg
348 KB, 1600x901
>>2417206
Concept art for movies tends to be ridiculously bad. Pic related is not an /ic/ joke image but legit movie concept art from Ben Mauro.
>>
>>2417324
mad skills m8,
>>
File: SoE.jpg (244 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
SoE.jpg
244 KB, 1024x768
>>2417077
Reminds me of the time I dug out my SNES and popped in the Secret of Evermore cartridge for the first time since elementary school or whatever, and noticed Daniel Dociu and Jeremy Soule in the opening credits.
>>
>>2417143
are you fucking retarded?
concept artists needs to have a portfolio that displays full understanding of color palletes, perspectives, gestures and ability to work really fast. if you use your traced anime shit or your stand pose knight concept art as your portfolio youll be kicked out from the hiring office almost instantly
>>
>>2417206
Almost all of /ic/ wont pass as concept or storyboard artists even for a fucking drama serial in brazil.
>>
>>2417324
and now he works at nasa...
>>
File: nbvxcnhnhgdf.jpg (41 KB, 1002x355) Image search: [Google]
nbvxcnhnhgdf.jpg
41 KB, 1002x355
>>2417324
>>
>>2417431
for real?
>>
>>2417143

a lot of pros have confirmed this. absolutely true. back in the days however you would have been very unlikely to even know this stuff exists, so you wouldn't have attempted to get in.
>>
anyone have that really bad jurrasic world concept image?

you know the one
>>
>>2417387
I dunno, there are very few images I have seen on /ic/ that are worse than >>2417324
And that's concept art for a multi million $ Hollywood movie, not a Brazilian tv drama.

Pic related is character design concept art for a western tv show and maybe you are indeed worse than this, but this is worse than lots of the stuff I see gets posted in the draw thread. It's even worse than merc_wip.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.