[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ic/ I just started drawing. Every time I draw a few hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1454447646844.png (521 KB, 800x559) Image search: [Google]
1454447646844.png
521 KB, 800x559
Hey /ic/

I just started drawing. Every time I draw a few hours goes by in what feels like minutes, I get a HUGE headache after a couple hours and for the rest of the day all I can tink about is rotating objects.

Do the headaches stop? :<
>>
>>2415346
draw the rotating objects
you'll feel better
>>
>>2415346
go to a doctor anon
>>
>>2415346
it sounds like your brain is making new connections... or you're about to have a brain anyrism.
>>
File: Sparkler.jpg (2 MB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
Sparkler.jpg
2 MB, 2272x1704
you dont have the spark.
you need the spark

sorry annon your fucked, stop drawing.
>>
>>2415371
Hello, yes.

You are not certified to determine spark status. I am. Fuck off amature unartist.
>>
>>2415346
Yeah it's normal, it's your brain being used to it. You can start by drawing a couple of hours each day, taking a break, maybe drawing some more. Over time you will get used to it and you'll draw for longer periods.
>>
You have terminal autism. I'm sorry
>>
>>2415359
Seconding this.
>>
>>2415346
It must be something to do with the spark, my local GP told me this when I had headaches too, just keep drawing, you could make it
>>
Its probaly just because your are concentrating for too long without relaxing. Try taking small breaks every 45 mins. Just like 3 mins where you go out and takes some water, take a piss or take a breath of fresh air.
>>
I've heard of eyestrain from staring at screens,so they recommend something called the 20/20/20 rule .

Every 20 minutes stare at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds. This might help eye fatigue.
>>
>>2415346

eye strain, but also possibly TMJ related issues. try to observe yourself subconsciously to check wether you are maybe grinding or clenching your teeth while you draw. obv if you observe super consciously you'll automatically stop beforehand but if you keep it in the very back of your mind you might catch yourself doing it while in the middle of your 'flow' state. i used to do this and it took some training to stop. aleviated a ton of neck/head/jaw issues.

now what i do is i grip the stylus waaay too hard, giving me all kinds of wrist/hand issues, but we are artists, our lifes are shit anyway and we will most likely kill ourselves within a couple of years anyway so you gotta just pick your illness and roll with the punches.
>>
>>2415346
I would start getting headaches too. I end up focusing too intently on something and not blinking. It's worse when doing something digital and looking at screens.

Make sure you look around every now and then and take some breaks.
>>
>>2416674
I thought it was every hour get up, stretch, walk around, and look at distant things for ten minutes.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.