[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moss Graffiti
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: MossGraffiti.jpg (92 KB, 560x476) Image search: [Google]
MossGraffiti.jpg
92 KB, 560x476
Does anyone here have any experience with this sort of stuff?

Im looking into doing it inside to hang on the wall in our living room, where I think something like it would look nice.
The only concern I have is with moisture that might create mold on the walls...
Would it work if I used a large (1mx1m) wooden board, covered one side with this stuff:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bituminous_waterproofing
and then paint the moss paint on it.

Do I have to water it every now and then? Im finding mixed reviews on that one. Spray in with water every day? Leave it completely alone? I live in about 40% humidity if that helps.

Thanks for any input.
>>
I don't have any experience actually trying this, but I can tell you that it would be a bad idea to put it directly on the wall, due to the moisture. Mounted on a board shouldn't be much different from a regular houseplant, though. The moss will need to be kept moist if you want to to stay alive and healthy, they don't have roots to store water in so they're happiest when damp. It shouldn't need watering every day (might get mold) but don't let it dry out more than just a bit before you spray it again. Try to keep it green, if you don't water it it'll turn brown. I'm not sure how well it'll grow in the waterproofing material, but I guess you can give it a shot. I feel like it wouldn't be able to get any nutrients, but then again I don't know how it does that on brick either. Trace nutrition from microbes, maybe? If it starts to suffer you might want to mix a bit of fertilizer into the water.
>>
Its bullshit, stop being retarded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMfwen84Wmo
>>
>>2408829
Well it still means we can grow some moss before and glue them stensils on the wall.
>>
>>2408829
Maybe he just did something wrong? Theres plenty of articles to be found that claim that it does work. Why would they just make it up?
>>
>>2409163
well for starters, all the picture examples they use are done by a girl who doesn't use that made up method
>>
>>2409176
So instead I should find some bigger chunks of moss, cut them into shape and glue them together?
Will it stick to the surface that way?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.