[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I finally draw normally now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10
File: DSC00133.jpg (2 MB, 3459x2289) Image search: [Google]
DSC00133.jpg
2 MB, 3459x2289
I think I finally draw normally now.
>>
I'll wait for you to english normally
>>
I am Caucasian.

I think that I finally draw in a way that is normal.
>>
>>2402551
This looks good for what it is Kiva
>>
Thankyou
>>
Your perspective is more than over the place in the picture
>>
>>2402613
It's a drawing, not a photograph
>>
Hey.

It's a big work. This is a detail.

I used multiple perspective lines. For that right hand section it's pretty consistent.

The 3D sign had to be hacked and traced on so it's a bit outta line.

And the 2 houses are on their own line.

I agree though. But the angle of the photo further complicates it.
>>
>>2402619
Anon what the hell's going on here?

Seems like the vanishing point's all over the place that it's pretty skewed. you might wanna keep in mind that you should have 1-2 primary vanishing point while adding other points as a primary or tertiary. points to avoid skewing your image.

Also m it made your people in the forground looked like dwarves.
>>
I always struggle with scale and I guess perspective because I am drawing so many things at once.

I think that after this work, even though I planned it for a few days in pencil...

Probably could do with a bit more.

It stretches the limits of my work ethic though having all this shit going on at once. I can't really spend that long on resizing and redrawing pencil bits... I like the ink pen too much.
>>
Fuck. I know. The dwarves are so annoying me.

The vanishing point has 2 primaries but the cars, people, the sign, the 2 houses... Aren't.

I am glad that you are being critical but maybe you will grow to like it... Just let the details sink in. I can't change it anyway! Maybe some photoshop to grow the people though is a must.
>>
File: path4138.png (110 KB, 2204x1880) Image search: [Google]
path4138.png
110 KB, 2204x1880
>>
>>2402627
I used to over detail my work when I was younger.

What it just do to you mentally is just cover your mistake with other mistake and it'll look like a big mess in the long run if it became your habit.

If it became a habit, it's hard to teach yourself the proper way of doing it.

Just a thought, anon. Don't be like me and correct your mistake early on.
>>
>>2402613
>>2402622
>Doesn't know what panoramic shot is
>Doesn't know what forced perspective is
>>
>>2402622
OPs work is obviously stylized. You can tell he understands perspective but is making a drawing that has more going on than plotted vanishing point shit. Perspective is one of those things you learn but can choose to use or purposely ignore when after you study the fundamentals. My personal style is loosely based on real perspective, but I never plot vanishing points or use a ruler like that. I push everything into the frame in a way that helps the composition overall more than showing off the several years I spent studying fundamentals. OP seems to be doing a similar thing, these various scenes in various perspectives are more interesting than something realistic.
>>
>>2403382
>this
>>
>>2403382

>stylized

The word you are looking for is "naivistic". It is obvious that the perspective flaws are not deliberate stylistic choices, rather they are the result of the lack of skill.
>>
>>2402551
everything that wasn't drawn from reference looks pretty terrible ( the people, the boat, the water).
the animals look pretty good though. line weight is boring, hatching is boring, form isn't represented well.

you've got an eye for interesting perspective but that's about all this has going for it.
>>
>>2403399
Can you demonstrate with your own work what skill in perspective looks like?
>>
>>2403419

I don't need to prove myself to you buddy. We are all striving for the highest degree of skill here, or atleast we all should be. I think a isometric perspective would work well in this case. It's not a real perspective per se, but it is consistent and looks good.
>>
File: 1455715643949.jpg (2 MB, 3459x2289) Image search: [Google]
1455715643949.jpg
2 MB, 3459x2289
>>2402551
I'm confused by that circle thing in the center.... Is it a hole draining outward or some kind of pawn shaped pillar? It is also making the wall behind it confusing.

Otherwise I like the drawing, it's interesting to look at.
>>
>>2403430
>We are all striving for the highest degree of skill here, or atleast we all should be.

According to who's standards?

>I don't need to prove myself to you buddy.

A demonstration is not asking you to prove anything, it was simply a request for you to show us what you meant by your statement, using your own work.
>>
>>2403458

This board is mainly for people who want to git gud, not for hobbyists that like to doodle once in a while.
>>
>>2403501
>git gud
>>
>>2402622
don't you get more and more VPs when you rotate objects?
>>
OP you better admit you fucked up the perspective and stop these white knight faggots.

You know you fucked it up. And if you don't say anything to these faggots I'll assume you're just shit at drawing and everybody saying it's stylized are shitty at drawing.

>>2402653
that's not what it looks like at all you fucking faggot retard.
>>
ay yo dat perspective is wack ya feel me?
>>
File: QYXqoOA.png (273 KB, 825x548) Image search: [Google]
QYXqoOA.png
273 KB, 825x548
what in the concept of single horizon line is unclear to you?
>>
>>2404045
>>2404103

You aren't artists are you?
OP is drawing a picture
however they want
if OP were trying to teach a class on perspective
by all means, refute his mess of an example
but
OP is only drawing
for you to come and "correct" that
is retarded.
>>
>>2404265
haha you fool, dont you know all art is meant to be pure representation and accuracy is the only thing that matters? that's why my all my favorite artists do nothing but draw crumpled up chip bags like fucking robots.
>>
Does not seem like Op cared too much about having a perfect perspective.

It could just be the shitty photo but the lower left corner feels the weakest or least interestjng. Try to make a good scan instead if you can.
>>
>>2404103
im glad you finally got a trip arakhor.
>>
Hey!

Fuck this was a good and bad idea... I think that Ararkhors diagram might be the only thing anyone has done for me for a while. Should be thankful. Dunno what your trip is but the horizon line disfunction is obvious.

Yo, so I'm not shit at drawing. I am not here to feel worse about my art. I think that you are looking into it too much. Can someone inform me of the validity of perspective lines/vanishing points IRL.

Surely everything on the same elevation AND the same NSEW will point concurrently but I can mind that a drawing is an approximation. Can someone just admit that without liberal use of Maya and or being a trained draftsman that it's an ambitious thing to do a full urban scene with multiple geometries?

I would love to move on from this into Arakhor or someone like him to rule receding lines onto a photograph, or an old master or a manga and see if any artist or god achieves this single horizon...

And I am only drawing.

Because you've all been so mad and White knighted the fucking bejeezus of my relatively cloistered life I will post up a full photo of the full work as it stands now.

Should actually be a good piece.

Remember that I am drawing this with a NIB PEN and INDIAN INK... Only the lines are ruled with a modern pen because the ruler skillz required there aren't my idea of a fun time.

Good day artists, it's a noble and fucked up way to kill time before you are a HUD-designing rapping orb of nothingness.
>>
>>2404265
>artwork critique
>critique
>>
>>2405002
that is awesome

>I am drawing this with a NIB PEN and INDIAN INK.

respect
>>
File: Bean.png (30 KB, 200x129) Image search: [Google]
Bean.png
30 KB, 200x129
Tatara, Andrae, Louse nice stuff.
Trollchan click nsfw next time.

>pic related
me too humanbean ;_;
>>
>>2405550
wrong thread, my bad
>>
>>2405002
Hey Kiva

can you post this piece when you are done? I would love to see the completed piece.

So far so good, keep it up!
>>
i swear, most of /ic/ would be better off just learning 3dcg because apparently very few people on this board actually like drawings for drawing's sakes -- this is unapologetically "a drawing" and i love that.
>>
>>2405262
>>2405674
>>2405897

Weak samefag. You can do better than this, /ic/
>>
>>2405902

2 people have similar opinions, must be a samefag
>>
>>2405903
i'd rather it be a samefag with shit opinions than two people with shit opinions.
>>
ARTWORK /CRITIQUE

CRITIQUE

CRITIQUE

CRITIQUE

CRITIQUE
>>
File: ohw7cwwa.gif (937 KB, 1128x1464) Image search: [Google]
ohw7cwwa.gif
937 KB, 1128x1464
This motherfucker looks like hes about to drop a stand on that fisherman.
>>
>>2402551

Composition: learn how to.
>>
>>2404265
OH JEEZE ALL THIS CRITIQUE ABOUT ISSUES OF MY ARTWORK ON THIS BOARD FOR CRITIQUE OF ARTWORK IS REALLY JAMMIN MY JIMMERSOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>2402551
You remind of me of this Australian guy I had an drawing class with. He would have this really intricate linework but all of his perspective lines and shapes were off by a landslide. He would also trace cars so they were the only things in his drawings that looked good. You say you think you draw "normally" now. To me, you just look like a beginner who spent a lot of time on detail. To you, it could be stylized. If that's what you're going for..... you do you. Also, looking at the people in your drawing makes me think that you have no idea how to draw people.
>>
>>2402551
>multiple perspective

It'd look more asian if you threw an inkwash in there
>>
>can you post this piece when you are done? I would love to see the completed piece.

I am going to take what /ic/ has said on board and try to implement some more consistent perspective and scale ques when I shop it at the end.

> Ink Wash

I agree! But i have to be careful not to make some areas (like the water) stick out too much otherwise I'll be putting grades of inkwash for all the greys.

Give us a few days. Can't wait to finish this and yeah, it has been great to hear from you.
>>
>>2407565

Haha, I am an ausfag.
>>
>>2405002
>Can someone just admit that without liberal use of Maya and or being a trained draftsman that it's an ambitious thing to do a full urban scene with multiple geometries?

It's not too much more ambitious than what you're doing. Just requires the knowledge of the rules of perspective. And then the ability to work with them to create a compelling image... That's the hard part
I kind of like the multiple perspectives approach. Kind of like a dream where for an indescribable reason you can see more than you should be able to, something which can't be represented normally.
I also feel that this is the kind of picture that would benefit from crisp coloring.
>>
>I also feel that this is the kind of picture that would benefit from crisp coloring

Ok, well I would probably do that with a wacom just because I'll be editing the linework.

The multiple perspectives is a device used because each little scene in this work is autonomous (it is designed so each pollutant can be circled by kids as a worksheet).
>>
>>2404265

I don't like this.

> Art can be whatever you want maaaaan. Learn to feeeeeel it.

I think this is flawed.

> It's just my style brooooo, you don't get it.

Fuck off with the excuses. Perspective can be toyed with, but this reads as very messy. If it isn't clear, immediately, that something is intentional, then it needs work. This is a toss up between intentional and a lack of perspective comprehension, at best. The slight 'cartooning' of elements only disguises the lack of mastery.

Also I suspect you're the same person as OP, and one/both of you should also practice your fucking English, and sentence structure. Putting 'but' on a new line is weak emphasis, express yourself with some language competency. Fuck.
>>
>>2409237
You are an idiot.
>>
File: Robert-Gonsalves-paintings-1.jpg (212 KB, 760x1159) Image search: [Google]
Robert-Gonsalves-paintings-1.jpg
212 KB, 760x1159
>>2409237
I'm doubting he's samefag... he seems to be an abstract fag. Seen him in a lot of "look at my weird doodle / mixed media collage" threads. (assuming nobody else is using his trip code)

His whole "it's a drawing and art is about the feels" is all fine and good and he has points to his argument...

but this is /ic/ not tumblr or deviantart. If you're posting something here, chances are you want people to reck your shit. Who wants a bunch of annons to stroke their ego? makes no sense to me. There is too much of that not only on the internet, but in real life. If you want to develop skills and technique you gotta throw away that subjective bullshit for a while (save it for when you're actually good)

If OP wants to make more works that fuck with perspectives, he should study the masters of that... Escher, Dali, Robert Gonsalves... I'm sure there are more (I'd be curious if annons know of some). There are still rules and boundaries that can make or break weather something works or not.
>>
>>2402551
this is unfinished right? I like it but is that buttplug coming out of the water supposed to be sewer drainage? anyway really neat line work.
>>
>>2402551
Still doesn't deserve its own thread.
>>
>>2409245
This board is artwork and critique not artwork and praise, you massive faggot.
>>>/instagram/
>>
Ok I get it.

I did not start this thread to be praised.

This thread has done its job. I am not here to be called a faggot either. I know you can categorise every emotion within the confines of a meme or a lurker persona... But I am looking for like-minded individuals and I am not a fan of instagram or deviant-art.

I am overjoyed that you think it's fucking terrible. At least someone can allow me to see clearly what I have to work on.

Go fuck yourself though, negativity is poison and I think you can all do better. I did.
>>
>>2411681
Your just another fucker that comes here making your own thread, posting a over sized image and saying the same old "i think im improving right guys?" shit. When people give you critique because that's what /ic/ is for, you dismiss it and go with the usual reply of "its muh style", " you think you can do better " and "you hurting my feelings". You can ether stop thinking that people are just jealous of your shit skills and understand its not as great as you think it is, listen to peoples critique and try to improve. or listen to that goat fucking fag enabler, and deluded your self in thinking that this is the best you can do, ether way fuck off to the beginners thread if you want to improve that is.
>>
>>2402551
is that the mk6 VW golf top left?

And the wagon on the left is a Harrier?
>>
>>2411799
>is that the mk6 VW golf top left?
meant top right*
>>
>is that the mk6 VW golf top left

Yep.

>a Harrier?

Subaru outback 2015

>>2411760

Yeah that's exactly how I feel about this. I am having nightmares about interfering with 4chan. I respect the clarity of this environment and should have thought about my intention more thoroughly.

I am happy about the critique and will only post work on relevant threads in the future.
>>
>>2412685
Hey mate, at least you got something out of it. A lot of posts in the beginners thread get buried, and they never improved after...
at least you got feedback and I too learned a lot from the critiques you got for your mistakes. at 4chan...always lurk more than a month or two before posting.
>>
File: p8Z7jKf.jpg (2 MB, 3300x3900) Image search: [Google]
p8Z7jKf.jpg
2 MB, 3300x3900
>>2403458
Sorry but i have to agree with the people you're arguing with. It is a cool picture and OP obviously has some skill, but the perspective is wrong in multiple places and I really don't think it was entirely intentional. The two sheds/houses are on a completely different dimensional plain than other objects on the same level ground around them.. If this was intentional, i'd suggest skewing more of the structures in the illustration, because right now it looks like portions of it are correct and other parts just go wrong. If you're going to break rules on purpose, break them consistently or people will just assume you've made mistakes.
>>
>>2412896

You're right. It was actually helpful.

>>2413016

Those 2 sheds were not drawn to the horizon line or VP I had chosen because they needed to look like houses. They are my least favourite part of the work (and it was unwise to draw the vehicles and people without ruling them out first).

Looks like you are a skilled animator. I want to work like your scene here more in the future. I do prefer detail though and although I TRIED to plan this out, looks like I better go harder and rule all my lines first.
>>
>>2413260
The fuck are you talking about
>>
>>2402551
ya got a-lot to learn senpai.
>>
>>2413260
>I wanted the sheds to look like houses so I didn't use perspective.

??????
>>
>>2413780

I meant that I thought that the VPs I had created would have distorted the foreground buildings and made it hard to see that they were houses.
>>
>>2402551
I like this, Caoimhe
But the perspective looks fucked
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.