[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /ic/. I'm desperate. I moved to a loft in a new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 55 001.jpg (1 MB, 3258x5083) Image search: [Google]
55 001.jpg
1 MB, 3258x5083
Hello, /ic/. I'm desperate.

I moved to a loft in a new city. I'm currently living with my sister. Back in my hometown, i used to draw, paint or photograph my friends every week and now that i'm here i have no subjects. I don't want to draw my sister, and the streets completely deserted and uninteresting. I've gone out to draw a few times, but i haven't been satisfied.

So i normally come home from the university and sit down and do self portraits. I've done oil, dozens in pencil, watercolor... you get it. The point is, i'm getting a bit frustrated with the monotony and i don't want to draw from references online (although i kinda feel i'm going to end up there anyway).

I also don't want to explore abstract art for a while. What do you think i could do? Still life?

I also don't feel comfortable with my sister here. I was used to the privacy of my bedroom.

Pic is a page from my sketchbook.
>>
>>2401311
still life, landscape, view from your window, self portrait, the cat, find a figure drawing class, pay your sisters friends to sit for you, etc.
>>
find a life drawing class
>>
>>2401318
>>2401323

OP here.

Life drawing class is off limits for now.
No cats. Tired of self portraits. Can't comfortably paint a model in the apartment.
>>
>>2401311
>find a vagrant on a bench
>give em some money
>ask if you can draw em
>if lucky youll get an interesting conversation as a bonus
>>
>>2401330
Why are they off limits?
>>
>>2401337

It's a long story. Let's say that if i take art-related courses right now, that's going to negatively affect the possibility of me going to study art in Toronto by the end of this year.
>>
File: bernd tier.jpg (68 KB, 400x756) Image search: [Google]
bernd tier.jpg
68 KB, 400x756
>>2401311
Use your sister, that's they are meant to be used for anyway. I suggest using chloroform rag, for best non-consensual results
>>
>>2401330
Suck it up and use reference. Art study is monotony/repetition. If you're already burnt out after a couple dozen self portraits, then you really have no hope of getting good.
>>
>>2401362
Don't take a course, just do uninstructed workshops. You can find them on meetups.com
>>
>>2401311

Draw your sister. The things you don't want to draw are the things that make you improve the most.
>>
>>2401362

A lot of art shops and schools have open life drawing sessions where you pay a small fee, or just what you can, and there is no signing up.

There is a food court in my building too where the homeless typically pass on on the tables. It's fun to draw them.
>>
>>2401392
ha what a funny joke!
>>
File: february-15-2016-1.jpg (348 KB, 696x850) Image search: [Google]
february-15-2016-1.jpg
348 KB, 696x850
draw your hands everyday. i don't have models and it's cold outside so i just draw my hands everyday.

better to prepare for the day you get to paint what you want than be unprepared when your muse finally arrives.
>>
>>2401666
you are decent with the hands now. why not switch it up and draw your dick daily for the next six months? not even joking, id love to follow your progress on that.
>>
>>2401311
There's lots to draw. Just have to look closer.
>>
>>2401666
nice trips!

Do you take photos of your hands first? A lot of the poses look like they'd be difficult to actually position yourself into otherwise
>>
>>2401311
Birds, plants, rocks, buildings, cars.

Go to a thrift store, buy old electronics and take them apart, draw insides. (also Craigslist)

Coffee shops are a good spot to people watch, as are mall food courts, and those little restaurants in targets or Walmarts.
>>
>>2401666
Don't ever leave anon I wanna watch you grow
>>
>>2401311
what's wrong with drawing your sis niqqa
>>
>>2403325
no i've just gotten better at holding my hands still. i used to be shaky as hell.
>>
You're in a new city, so take public transportation and start sketching ppl in there. You'll get new subjects and if you wanna avoid being stared at, you'll eventually learn to draw quickly too
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.