[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
kitschtianity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: untitled.png (344 KB, 600x289) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
344 KB, 600x289
It's impossible to totally hate kitsch art, because it appeals to the inner child in us, but unfortunately nothing else.

If you hate yourself and kitsch for no reason, then you will most likely tread into a realm of edginess that will almost certainly guarantee you a seat at any outcast's middle school lunch table.

"What then,
>So/ic/rates,
is the solution? Disneyfied-Kitsch sells, while edginess preserves "keeping it real" as an artist. Surely I just do half and half?"

>"No, because then you will just end up with pic related."
"But pic related appeals to me! I love the accessibility but skill the artwork displays!"
>Then continue in your mediocrity, I respect your drive. Let me then speak to the other half of the room.
>For those who do not wish for pic related to be their magnum opus, let me, So/ic/rates, illuminate thy options:

>Minimalism:
pros: lack of exertion
cons: art will not sell, nor will it be respected. If it does sell, it's by a stroke of luck, and will still not be respected. If it sells & is respected, then consider yourself the greatest artist ever because with minimal exertion, your art sells and is respected. Have a cookie.

>Hyperealism/representationalism
pros: your art depicts reality to a certain degree. Your art is likely to be respected and sold. Congrats, you also win a cookie.
cons: you are a human camera at best.

>Vaporwave art
pros: 2deep4u
cons: your art is deep, and so is your soul. too bad nobody respects your art. but you don't care what people think! looks like you won the cookie battle in the end. Props.

"but none of those sound appealing to me so/ic/rates! what do I do?"
>"Realize there is no legion of followers nor formulaic approach that will ever satisfy you.
Make your art the misshapen puzzle piece.
Become a scavenger in your life for the things everyone else leaves behind, for no reason other than to do it."
>>
What are you on about
>>
I think kitsch is when you settle with making something you're good at, instead of pushing your art in a new direction
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.