[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discord server for /ic/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: discord1.png (39 KB, 484x802) Image search: [Google]
discord1.png
39 KB, 484x802
Hey guys, if you don't know what discord is it's a free channel based text program very similar to IRC and others like Skype, though it has the best of both worlds and it's completely free. After seeing a few streamers and communities that have their own discords set up for their personal use I thought there would be no better use than to make an artwork based Discord server.

Since it's text based there's multiple channels on the free server I made, such as a general chat where you would post/chat about anything you'd normally see on /ic/, an artwork channel so you can post your artwork into the channel for everyone to see and it would get some feedback/critiques/redlines,etc.

If you have any suggestions on how to make the server better such as additional channels, or anything of the sort let me know.

To join the channel all you have to do is click the link and you'll be in the server. If you don't have the discord program it will join on your browser but that's not recommended as performance is lower and there's a few glitches/bugs.

Link to join - https://discord.gg/0pRTOVR3wsCNNL5I

I'll be posting some examples of ways that you can use discord.
>>
File: discord example.png (236 KB, 1198x718) Image search: [Google]
discord example.png
236 KB, 1198x718
As for the bit in the op where I said there's a few glitches/bugs on the web version of Discord, don't mind that, as most of the glitches/bugs stem from voice chat which i don't have enabled at this time.

In this screen you can see how useful it is to embed pictures for getting critiques and such.
>>
>>2398393
cool
>>
File: 1450465473069.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450465473069.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>2398393
I hate talking to you guys while in /ic/.

Why would I talk to you guys outside of /ic/?
>>
>>2398393
be sure to tell people about tts, commands and shit like that for maximum meme effects.
>>
You missed a fantastic group awhile back, very active. However, the level of artists in there was extremely high. Whats the target level for this group?
>>
>>2398805
Unfortunate, I've been lurking a while and heard nothing of the sorts. No idea what the target level is? I would assume all levels, i don't see a problem in varying skill levels. Beginners and experienced individuals welcome.
>>
>>2398720
People act different when they're anonymous, anon
>>
>>2399693
And people act "humble" when they have a name attached to themselves.
>>
>>2399706

I don't think it's much of an act for most. When you post things here, there is little incentive to give things much thought, or be concerned about how your message will be received.

Some just talk off the top of their heads, others only want a one-sided dialogue, all of this makes having an informed conversation almost impossible here.
>>
File: 1391491851521.gif (493 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
1391491851521.gif
493 KB, 440x330
>>2398817

Typically the higher level will intimidate the lower; Yes I am talking from experience. Several groups before start out active with users of a relatively similar level, but as more higher levels join everyone quiets down until we're purged by the admin for inactivity.

Anyways, besides that, do you have any "curriculum" set up? Something we're all going to work on together with loose/tight due dates? If not, there's no point, just use /ic/.

I know you mean best, OP, but we've had plenty of Skype and Discord groups before they all usually turn to shit.
>>
>>2399991
Sure. That's the kind of feedback I was looking for. What sort of group activities sound good?
>>
>warosu is dead
>/ic/ archive is dad
RIP
>>
>>2400809
https://boards.fireden.net/ic/#
>>
File: 1400533719672.gif (307 KB, 220x236) Image search: [Google]
1400533719672.gif
307 KB, 220x236
>>2400804

Ha, sorry Anon, I really only post when I have time; Usually after studies/drawings.

I've been lurking in the group the past few days and what I've seen is pretty typical of a group with no goals. While its not a problem, my opinion is these groups should be encouraging routine drawing habits; There hasn't been any art posted by anyone really. If you're the Admin you need to take lead, post your art, talk about your thought process, what you were trying to achieve, etc. Create a comfy environment that people will want to post and communicate; Even if you get no replies keep updating, post art and generally show you are willing to make yourself vulnerable so people may loosen up. We're all very protective at what we do at the beginning, after all.

That my opinion, I've never run a group myself.

As for material, just like above, anything really; Loomis, Proko, CtrlPaint, Drawbox, anything. The goal is to get people going and to keep going; The purpose is to get good. I feel, depending on how serious you are, the Admin has to spear head it.

The group is not for me, I'll leave you guys to it. I hope it goes well, Anon.
>>
File: 1427404673691.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1427404673691.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>>2400817
Oh great now all my shitposts get archived again.
>>
>>2402322
post your art
>>
>>2402322
no no no, obviously the discord is so I can tell people to settle their fight with me in rap battles and prose!
>>
>>2402332
fuck you
>>
>>2402477
so mad, hang yourself my friendo
>>
>>2398393
bump since its far
>>
just lurked a bit. The art portion is kinda dead. That one dude posted his art which was pretty good but there's nothing else there. Seems kinda high leve. The general section is just nosebleed and kkkkkkkkkkkkkk having a conversation. No real direction here like the other anon said.
>>
>>2399991
We've already got Lava, we don't need you.
Sorry
>>
>>2399991
Can confirm this. Just lurked and only saw high level shit. Too much of a puss to post.
>>2406705
Also kinda agree with this. LAS is filling that void for a lot of people since it's so accessible and populated.
>>
>>2406702
why cant we all be friends?
>>
>>2398805
shit from what i see. youll fit right in!
>>
>>2406725
Wasn't talking shit. Just saying that the population is limited.
>>
>>2400817
It's dead too
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.