[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /ic/ I went to a life drawing class on Thursday and was asked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9
File: 1441229161089.jpg (18 KB, 299x301) Image search: [Google]
1441229161089.jpg
18 KB, 299x301
Hi /ic/

I went to a life drawing class on Thursday and was asked to leave after 30 minutes.

Has this happened to anyone here before. Apparently I was creepy.

I'm confused I was in my work clothes, which is smart shirt + trousers.
>>
they can smell your degenerate weeaboo scent
>>
>>2398279
Kek Never happened to me or seen anyone being asked to leave, so dunno, maybe you are creepy, or the model is too shy or the instructor was an asshole or all three.
>>
Provide more info, you lazy faggot.
>>
File: 1441154544350.png (220 KB, 349x346) Image search: [Google]
1441154544350.png
220 KB, 349x346
>>2398279
Have you not tried being a total autist?

Okay, but seriously. I mean, you gotta break break down your day from the time you got there to the time you left.

Are you tall and/or buff or fat?

Are you also a minority in a place where people don't really interact with your race?

Are you foreign?

Do you have a disability (Physical or mental)?
Were you staring at anybody for too long?

Did you smell, do you have proper hygene?

Did you talk to anybody while you were there. If yes, what did you say to them?

Were you talking, or mumbling to your self?

Were you too much into somebody's personal space?

Was there anything that you think you did wrong, even the slightest bit wrong?

You're too vague, you gotta give us more information.
>>
>>2398279
>minimal information about what happened
What did you do, fuckknuckle
>>
>>2398279
You're not supposed to masturbate there.
>>
I've never heard of this happening before, closest I've had is someone was urged to leave and get some rest because he was asleep at his donkey for like half an hour.
>>
>>2398304

I'm not autistic

Average

White

No

No No
No(I was just drawing)

No, proper hygene

No

No

No

>>2398319

That's the thing I did nothing, but 30 minutes in the model talked to the instructor and after that I was asked to leave.
>>
>>2398347
Post face
>>
>>2398347
were you looking at her pussy? were you refunded? Did you have your mouth open, not blink, make weird coughing noises.

Call in and ask what happened, be an adult.
>>
Did you jerk it while drawing? Had a raging boner? Drew obscene shit? I've been to plenty of sessions but was never asked to leave, nor were the other people present. You must've done something socially unacceptable.
>>
>>2398347
Was everyone else there women?
>>
>>2398349
Seconded, we need to see your face OP
>>
>>2398347
Do you have facial hair?
If so, what kind?
>>
>>2398279
did you paid a class and you went out as soon as they ask you to leave without any serious reason?

you leave and then open a thread about it
holy shit senpai
>>
>>2398347
>That's the thing I did nothing, but 30 minutes in the model talked to the instructor and after that I was asked to leave.
Yeah I'm not fucking buying it

What
did
you
do?
>>
>>2398347
was your dick bulging outta your pants?
jesus
>>
post face op, cover your eyes if you want, just the face, also, put a sketch of the model, just to have a little more context, if you did something
>>
I find this hard to believe unless you accidentally entered a TRIGGER WARING type of class and some sjw shit you were unaware of fucked you up.
>>
>>2398391
>>2398279

I don't believe this either. You are going to tell me that you were so completely innocent and didn't do shit? I don't think so. Give more info.
>>
>>2398391
Its not rocket science, guys.
>did nothing
He didnt draw in a life drawing session. He just stared at the model.
>>
>>2398347
>I did nothing
there's you problem. you're supposed to be drawing.
>>
>>2398386

Yes it was a paid class.

I asked why I was creepy and they said I was just creepy and I have to leave. I just left as it was probably the most awkward experience of my life.

>>2398373

No.

>>2398513

I was drawing. People could even see my drawing.
Anyway, I'm just going to forgot this ever happen and never go to a life drawing class again. I just can't believe instructor told me to leave and I'm a creep in front of 20 other artist.
>>
Post your work, also, tell us about the model
>>
File: 1440643622824.png (218 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1440643622824.png
218 KB, 630x630
>>2398556
HAHAHAHA!!!! I remember you! You were that fucking creep who kept staring the model in her face and like licking your lips like some twat. After you left everyone kept asking what happened....

I cant fucking believe you actually came on here to lick your wounds
>>
>>2398566

Like I ain't just memeing here, post your work because it's possible you drew something offensive? Maybe?

We're all trying to figure out how the fuck you managed to get kicked out of life drawing.

Did you make eye contact with the model a lot? Did the model make eye contact with you? Tell us more about the model. Young woman? Are you male?
>>
>>2398571
it was a woman
>>
File: 1444671206360.jpg (10 KB, 346x466) Image search: [Google]
1444671206360.jpg
10 KB, 346x466
>>2398570
pls be real
>>
>>2398575

>it was a woman

ok cool MORE DETAIL

you were literally staring at her for 30 fucking minutes and the only thing you've got is "female"? C'mon anon you can do better than that
>>
>>2398279
did you take a photo of the model?
>>
>>2398279
>things that never happened

prove me wrong, post your work
>>
>hasn't posted his drawing he worked on before he got booted
>hasn't posted face

it has to be one of these
>>
There is no way you didnt do something very retarded to be told to gtfo. They wouldnt just tell you to get out if you didnt do anything creepy. Absolutly no way.
>>
>>2398580
I'm not OP I'm >>2398570 I didn't see what he did per say but I was talking to the girl next to me and she said something about him looking like he's trying too hard.
>>
post drawing or illegitimate
>>
Not really related but what's the point of a life drawing class when the internet exists? Like you can find a reference picture of pretty much anything you need.
>>
>>2398617
>what's the point of a life drawing class when the internet exists?
you aren't going to make it.
>>
>>2398279
how attractive from 1 to 10 do you consider yourself?

if less than 6, that's all the reason they need to throw you.
>>
>>2398617

Stereoscopic vision
3D models
High quality
>>
>>2398603
>per say
it's per se, and you have no idea how to use it in a sentence, so it's probably best if you just stay in your lane.
>>
>>2398556
Rover?
>>
File: infiniterealities.jpg (279 KB, 1444x900) Image search: [Google]
infiniterealities.jpg
279 KB, 1444x900
>>2398621
>Stereoscopic vision
negligible if you're more than 1m away from the model. ask john carmack, from oculus.
>3D models
you can get those in a computer. every 2d photo is, as a matter of fact, a perfect 3d render
>high quality
every modern camera has both more resolution and better dynamic range than the human eye

is more of a social thing, of some hipster shit, probably.
>>
>>2398624
That's not important...neither are you tbch
>>
>>2398636
A 3D render is a 2D image you nitwit.

Unless you constantly wiggle it in real time to simulate stereoscopic vision.
>>
Post your drawing.

Who the fuck cares how you look. Fucking faggots.
>>
>>2398642
wut?
>>
>>2398642
unless you're making a 3D sculpture you're drawing a 2D image anyway though.
>>
>>2398636
>you can get those in a computer. every 2d photo is, as a matter of fact, a perfect 3d render
>>high quality
>every modern camera has both more resolution and better dynamic range than the human eye
There are all false.
>>
>>2398649
You know those sites people use to make bit of 2D images move to create depth? Your sense of depth is heightened by movement.

A 3D render is on a flat screen, it appears completely 2D unless the model is moving, then it will appear sufficiently 3D.
>>2398652
Yeah but you're making an 2D image with the intent of depicting a 3D image.
>>
>>2398652
This is true
Not him, but i think its more along the lines of its harder to draw from life, so you get more out of it
Kind of like lifting 100kg instead of 80kg.
>>
>>2398624
naw dawg he meant per say, as in the amount of stuff he was doing divided by the amount of stuff he was saying
>>
I find it hard to believe this, unless you were in a room with a bunch of tumblrina feminists otherkins genderfluid people of color.
>>
>>2398636
>>2398656
Also, to follow from "Your sense of depth is heightened by movement."- this is why Carmack says stereoscopic vision is negligible. 'Cause videogames move all the time.

John Carmack does not agree with you because you quoted him out of context, sorry.

I don't really disagree with drawing from photos or renders strongly or anything it's just that you're very wrong and I want to tell you.
>>
post location
>>
>>2398658
shouldn't then, life drawing be left for pros instead of beginners?

is hard enough dealing with learning to use the basic tools, to add a model moving constantly, limited time, changes in natural lighting, hiding your boner, etc.
>>
>>2398676
roll with the punches brah u learn better in the fire anyway dog pick up some charcoal and get drawing
>>
By everything you've said you shouldn't have been thrown out. But that said, we're relying on your testimony as our single source of evidence. And yet you stand to be charged innocent or guilty. If you want a just verdict you must be ABSOFUCKINGLUTLY honest with us.

What. Did. You. DO?
>>
>>2398570
I hope is reel
>>
i'm only willing to give OP the benefit of the doubt because i've heard several stories of guys in college being kicked from classes or forced to move off campus because of girls saying stupid shit like "he looks like my ex who assaulted me, i'm uncomfortable". safe spaces are taken quite seriously in these places, unfortunately.
>>
>>2398678
>you learn better with artificial handicaps
according to your bullshit logic, beginners should also draw blindfolded and using the no dominant hand.

on the contrary, every sensible teacher will tell you that you should focus in learning ONE (1) thing at the time
>>
>>2398705
not previous guy.
>every sensible teacher will tell you
to draw from a model

or fuck it. you go ahead and discover your own shitty method. go ahead and open a school too while you're at it.
>>
Turns out smegma isnt as good of a medium after all.
>>
iirc mike yamada doesn't do figure drawing because he got the same treatment. I believe he said this on the collective podcast. I don't have any sessions around me, but it makes me afraid to go if I had the opportunity.
>>
Why is everyone asking about OP's looks? Is this some kind of meme?
>>
>>2398770
op pls...
>>
>>2398279
there was this one time I just like jumped up on the platofrm and starting just fucking fucked the shit out of this model. She like didn't stop or nothing man she was like totally into it the class didn't stop drawing ether man the whole thing was fucking crazy
>>
>>2398603
>didn't see what he did per say
Then how do you know he was licking his lips or some shit?
>>
>>2398701
This. Women need to feel safe from the male gaze (unless he is attractive and/or rich).
>>
Sounds like you just got some insecure drama queen for a model and a prick for an instructor. Be careful where you do life drawing, because chances are if you're doing it at a college or community group the model is going to be some narcissistic insecure whack-job.

https://soundcloud.com/the-collective-podcast/ep-115-mike-yamada

It's right at the start, the model was mad because he was 'staring'. Unbelievable.
>>
>>2398538
kek
>>
>>2398815

I don't think you need to be "careful" about where you go to life drawing. Getting kicked out of life drawing class is more rare than bigfoot sightings.
>>
>>2398837

Whatever you say man. I'm sure most people don't have bad experiences with it, but I've heard enough stories to be wary.
>>
>>2398837

men need to be careful on college campuses in general, women are ALWAYS given the benefit of the doubt in those places
>>
>>2398815
why is it so fucking cringe listening to any artist talk about art? Doesn't matter how amazing they are but whenever I listen to people talk about art I just feel embarrassed for t hem and myself.
>>
>>2398879
why is it embarrassing?
>>
File: 1446653358928.jpg (33 KB, 395x398) Image search: [Google]
1446653358928.jpg
33 KB, 395x398
>>2398879
Not really.

Where's the cringe?

Artists are artists, not writers.
>>
>>2398849

It's virtually impossible to be kicked out of a life drawing class if you act normal. No reason to be paranoid.
>>
>>2398882
>>2398884
See I have no idea. It just makes me feel all weird and awkward.

They just go so in depth to something that's not that deep. Whenever anyone asks me about my art I reply "I don't know I just like to paint."

Its even more awkward since I get asked that questions something like 3 times a day on tumblr and facebook.
>>
File: 1422847902343.jpg (44 KB, 703x703) Image search: [Google]
1422847902343.jpg
44 KB, 703x703
>>2398889
I think you just might be insecure about talking about your art
>>
>>2398889
>They just go so in depth to something that's not that deep
what makes you think you're absolutely right on this?
>>
>>2398889
hey that might just be how it is for you, for other artists though they might see it differently. that doesn't make it embarrassing. it's interesting to hear how other people developed as artists and how they see what they do.
>>
>>2398897
I never said I was. It's just like, my opinion man. I never said I was being reasonable.
>>
>>2398889
Are you retarded? I get asked about art all the time, things like "how did you get so good?", or "do you like to draw a lot?" All the time and I just brush it off by telling them that I doodle. However, I only say that because of how insecure I am about that, it's stupid to think that just because you're incapable of deeply discussing art, art itself is shallow.
>>
>>2398910
anon, you might be the retarded one.

If the opinion "Art isn't all that deep" makes you that butthurt you care way too fucking much about other people's opinions.
>>
>>2398928
You're objectively wrong. Art is deep, that's a fact. Maybe not emotionally but definitely technically.
>>
>>2398617
get out of here
>>
>>2398815
interesting podcast. i had no idea this kind of thing existed.
>>
>>2398617
no point at all. it only brings a few, questionable, and really obscure advantages, against a world of disadvantages and inconviniences. but is a reluctanct to die institution. it will only become deprecated when the old people that grow with it will finally die.

also, is the kind of shit loved by hipsters and posers
>>
File: creepy.png (3 MB, 2047x1156) Image search: [Google]
creepy.png
3 MB, 2047x1156
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get too far but here is the picture sp you can see I wasn't being creepy.
>>
>>2399084
I kek'd , hope nobody actually believes you though. There are some serious idiots on this board.
>>
>>2399084
Well it doesn't look that good by its nothing to kick you out over. If this actually happened, then ou were doing something else. But you say you weren't so then the people who run that thing are assholes.
>>
>>2399084
god fucking damnit Rover
>>
It was hard to place the nipples as I couldn't see under her shirt.
>>
>>2399096
>couldn't see under her shirt
Confirmed troll. GG
>>
>>2398770
they're looking to justify their biases along with probably get some new meme bait to post if someone ever brings your appearance into question in a similar vein to how people post mercwip in response to "post your work"
>>
>>2399109
>ugly neckbeard detected
>>
>>2398935
>opinions
>on fucking art
>objectively wrong

huehuehuehuehue
>>
>>2398889
you mean to say that you are made to feel uncomfortable when people do things that challenge a certain part of your world view

this is normal, still, keep in mind that this does not mean you are just in your feelings (or even that you're necessarily wrong), merely that this is a common thing to experience. i suggest looking deeper into yourself for an answer since as someone >>2398896 already mentioned, there's a chance this might just extend from your own insecurities. tho of course this doesn't seem to be some big, serious, important problem so completely blowing off everything i said here means nothing for the most part

tl;dr just continue avoiding situations where you have to listen to people talk about art and probably put up some basic FAQ with the simple short answers you tend to give out anyways.
>>
File: banana nose.png (340 KB, 500x589) Image search: [Google]
banana nose.png
340 KB, 500x589
>>2399112
hey, don't get me wrong, i love mercwip, i honestly chuckle every time i see it and i'd probably laugh at a slightly doofy lookin dude's face getting posted every time someone's appearance is brought up but i'd also feel bad if i didn't warn people new to this board/4chan what they're getting into

also, if i was ugly wouldn't i be all paranoid about being kicked out of life drawing classes and mad/spiteful about how society treats ugly people instead of being blinded by the privileges i'm afforded from being (relatively) attractive?
>>
>>2398279
OP, you were most likely kicked out because something random about you made the model uncomfortable

a good life model is worth more to the class than any single artist who may for whatever reason make the model uncomfortable because the options are you being asked to leave or the model stopping early and then you've got an entire room of artists who have to pack up and leave because the class is essentially over

i suggest you (POLITELY AND CALMLY) contact the class instructor and apologize for making the model uncomfortable and if you may know what you did so that you can avoid it in the future and also if you may return to the life drawing class

also if >>2398570 isn't lying, invest in some chapstick and avoid eye contact with future life models
>>
>>2399126
If you're implying that there's no objectivity in art then you're wrong.
>>
>>2399169
THERE IS NO objectivity :^)
>>
>"eyerape" is a thing
>"he looks like my ex who assaulted me" results in kick
It is hard to believe, guys, is this a real thing in your countries? Please tell me it is not please do
>>
>>2398849

I once had a guy trying to pick up the life model before the session even started and he was bright red and fidgeting, she didn't give a shit even when he asked her for her phone number. I think it's safe to say OP did something to get kicked out of life drawing because that never happens.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.