[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE FOUR HOUR COMIC It's time for another challenge. You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 4HC.png (1 MB, 1000x798) Image search: [Google]
4HC.png
1 MB, 1000x798
THE FOUR HOUR COMIC

It's time for another challenge. You have 30 minutes to prepare ideas for a short comic.
After the preliminary planning period, you have four hours to pencil and ink four pages.
Each hour can be spent however you like but they correlate to the pages as timers.
This means that if you have not finished a page at it's one hour mark, stop and move on.
A good way to work is to spend 30 minutes on pencils and 30 minutes on inking per page,
You can do the challenge an hour at a time but it has to all be done within a 24 hour period.
Try to do it all at once with short breaks between so you can stand up and stretch.

All skill levels are welcome and critiques are encouraged.
Explain your thoughts clearly and elaborate on them.
Feel free to share resources. Also, using ref is OK.
Push yourself and see where you really are skill wise.
All mediums are considered acceptable; re-size images.
I know you can draw something interesting.

Time starts...now.
>>
>>2397620
>challenges from people who don't draw
>>
>>2397624
Post your work.
>>
File: 1682943752213.png (72 KB, 285x315) Image search: [Google]
1682943752213.png
72 KB, 285x315
i like the idea. i'll do it.
>>
File: 453543565464645.jpg (587 KB, 1235x810) Image search: [Google]
453543565464645.jpg
587 KB, 1235x810
>>2397626
Post your work now.
>>
>>2397654
>implying you have to draw a shit ton to make a post or be worthy of making a challenge on this board.

Good one!
>>
>>2397654
my diicckk
>>
>>2397654
thats dank as fuck
>>
Cool idea, I'm in. Also if you are having trouble coming up with anything

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=quickstory

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=quicktheme
>>
>>2397654
sinix?
>>
>>2397890
I don't think sinix visits /ic/, does he?
>>
>>2397654
I'm not even close to this level. You probably have been drawing / painting a lot longer then I have.
That doesn't mean that I'm not improving and trying my best. I'll also post whatever I want to.

You are way better then I am right now. I wish I was on your level.

You got what you wanted. Feel good about yourself?
>>
>>2398820
DEFEATED
>>
>>2399044
At least I have the balls to admit it.

So, you gonna draw comics or just shit post?
>>
>>2398820
why do you act like hes the villain when you asked him to post his work...
>>2399072
the challenge is too long, but too short in time span, the ideas is too intricate, so shitposting.
>>
>>2399093
They aren't the villain. Their comment was rude though. How do they know how much I draw?
How do they know what I draw or when I draw? Why does the amount of work I do correlate to my ability to post a challenge?
If you are that good, why are you shit posting in a thread meant to boost creativity on a slow board?
I posted it to try and make a fun experience for people that like feeling challenged and enjoy making comics.
What the fuck is so wrong with that? Holy shit.
>>
>>2399116
Unrealistic goals, I guess. No point to rush.
>>
>>2399211
It's just for fun. It's about seeing what you can do in that time limit. How is it a unrealistic goal?

Actually, never mind. I don't care anymore. Forget it.
>>
>>2397620
I like the idea. I'll try it this weekend. Surely I can spare four hours.
>>
I'd do this challenge but I'm not good at drawing yet. Make this thread again when I git gud, k op?
>>
>>2399225
>How is it a unrealistic goal?

Because most professional comic book artists would struggle doing 4 fully inked pages in a day, let alone in 4 hours. Art in and of itself is already challenging enough, there is no reason to add some bullshit time constraint to it. Especially when you say it yourself that it's just for fun.

Look, I completely agree with you that threads like this would be a great creative activity for this board if people were to participate, but what you think is a challenge is actually just a way to make sure your thread won't get any participation and instead get pointless discussions like this one.

That's probably also why that guy was questioning if you even draw yourself. Have you ever drawn 4 comic pages in 4 hours? Considering this thread has been up for 22 hours already and you haven't posted anything yourself, you don't seem to plan on participating in your own challenge, yet you still claim it's not unrealistic.
>>
>>2399294
Simplify.

It's that simple. You do the best your can, with the time you have.
You cut corners, you make priorities, you sacrifice.

Why does everything you draw or paint have to be the Sistine Chapel ceiling?
I know how long it takes to properly ink a comic page. This was intended to cut you short of time.
It's testing yourself. How much can you do? What are your strengths under pressure?

I have done the challenge. I used to when I was younger with friends. My art was shit then and it's still shit now.
I'm just now learning aspect ratios of ellipses in perspective and on spherical forms.
I'm just now learning how light properly falls on the basic shapes and tone.
I'm not posting my work because it's just forms and exercises. I'm not afraid of it, it's just a waste of time.
I'm improving every day though and that's all that matters to me.

Also, who cares if the comic looks pro or if it is at all? That ISN'T the point.
Draw ANYTHING in the comic. You could draw boxes talking about the weather ffs.
Why do you think LAS is so popular? Because it magically makes people draw? No.
It gives people an excuse to ignore the fact that they won't draw by themselves for whatever reason.
LAS also gives neets and socially awkward artists a community that they can express themselves in.
In this case, some people so happen to be motivated by tasks that seem difficult or impossible by nature.
They just need the proper nudge or push in the right direction.
This was my attempt, but obviously it's a failure.

Don't worry though! I'll make a 4hr shit comic and post it within 24 hours.
So you all can laugh.
I hope it becomes a meme.
You can post "Make a comic!" with Loomis and Sticky and better than X% of /ic/.

Don't forget to not critique it but instead call it shit and give no reason why.
>>
>>2399311
Mmm, salty.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.