[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Always been interested in concept art any tips on how or what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Lost_Planet_3_Concept_Art_ES_06.jpg (354 KB, 2000x974) Image search: [Google]
Lost_Planet_3_Concept_Art_ES_06.jpg
354 KB, 2000x974
Always been interested in concept art any tips on how or what path I would go down to make this a career?
>>
>>2396758
Post your work so we know where you are currently
>>
>>2396761
I just do some sketches still practicing not that good yet, was just wondering what career path would be best to go down
>>
>>2396763
>post your work
Post your work.
>>
>>2396765
fuck you bitch
>>
>>2396765
Was only looking for advice don't really feel good enough yet to be posting stuff
>>
>>2396797
post your work is the advice.

if you're bad odds are high you don't know why you're bad. if you let your work be torn apart by people who have moved past the being bad stage you can learn a thing or two.

post your work is the best advice you can follow.
>>
>>2396797
If you don't feel good enough, don't go into concept art. It's the most competitive field for art, and if you aren't good now, you probably won't be any time soon.
The only reason I ask to see your work is to see where you're at, where I could tell you this is what you speicifcally need to work on to get ahead in concept art, whether it be color, texture, light, speed. Are you going to tell your potential future employer that you're not ready to show them your portfolio? How do you think that will work out?
>>
thanks i think when i get a good drawing together i will post up on here what you said is true though. Have you done any concept art before?
>>
>>2396819
>It's the most competitive field for art
>implying
>if you aren't good now, you probably won't be any time soon
Holy shit OP don't listen to this guy
I don't think I have ever read such wrong statements not even on this shit we call board

get a degree
unless you have specific questions you want to ask
>>
>>2397052
Just come back to this but yeah thanks, felt like he was being as awkward as he could last night I was only looking for advice in which classes I would have to attend.

Ive had a look at some stuff myself so I have a clue about it now, feel free to post some concept art of your own tho if you've done some
>>
>>2398440
>i only listen to what i want people to tell me
Pretty much sums up /ic/ perfectly at the moment.
>>
>>2398449
You cant be serious? I just asked for what career path I would have to go down
>>
>>2398459
And people requested to see your work to get an idea of where you are, so someone can give you a tailor made answer that will actually help you. But instead, you only listen to the guy that doesn't want to actually help you by offering a critique and showing you exactly what you need to work on and where to go to find that material. You're scared of critique, and that's why you won't make it in the concept art business.
>inb4 ignored because I didn't cup your balls and tell you something vague/unhelpful like "get a degree"
>>
>>2398469
I didn't mean to come across that way but I was asking for what lessons I would have to attend to get into this field not to post my work.
>What path would I have to go down to make this a career
>post your work
>great advice
>>
>>2398478
You path is based on where you are currently and where you need to go. The only way to assess that is it see your work, to see where you are in terms of skill and what you need to be doing.
As far as a college path, there is only like 1 true only-concept-art program at artcentre, and their acceptance rate is super low (I recently had a chat with the guy who used to run it). Unless you want to go to FZD, which isn't as good and u'd have to be chink.
Therefore, if you're set on concept art, you need to work on your portfolio to prepare for applying for the artcentre concept arts program. And that requires doing your own work/study path to improve your portfolio which requires getting critique which requires posting your work.
FFS
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.