[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you fags hang your own art that you don't sell? I started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: 20160211_144719.jpg (926 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160211_144719.jpg
926 KB, 3264x1836
Do you fags hang your own art that you don't sell?

I started hanging mine for the first time in ages and I kind of like it.
>>
>>2392737
narcissistic as fuck
>>
>>2392742
kek, why shouldn't you like your own work?

i do hang them too

also, my guests can see them
>>
>>2392737
why the shitstain
>>
>>2392742
>>2392743
I started hanging them again so they don't break. I had them stored in the garage for a long time but the cats knocked two over and broke them. The safest place is on the wall.
>>
>>2392751
They're animal cocks soaked in frits and fluxes and then fired in a kiln on top of the underglaze drawing. I've got a boner for Ovid, Hesiod and Anaxagoras.
>>
>>2392759
this kills the thread.
>>
>>2392759
consider incorporating your weird boner into the pieces in a different way, because it looks bad.
>>
>>2392759
I'm really surprised people like you exist. having drawings of dicks on your wall is one thing but this is something else.
>>
>>2392893
>>2392912

Thanks senpai

It's not even considered all that odd in my circles.
>>
>>2392916
what circle? art school friends?
anyway your drawings aren't impressive enough to warrant being displayed imo. I guess if your bringing back some weird ass art chicks and getting laid because of it then keep at it.
>>
>>2392920
Well then it's good that we aren't friends.
>>
>>2392742
Does one not make art for themselves? How could you enjoy drawing what you don't like?
>>
>>2392930
yeah I'd rather not be friends with a below average sketch artist.
>>
What is that brown stuff? Dried Cum?
>>
>>2392943
it's animal penises anon. do you even art?
>>
>>2392938
You're too fun.
>>
>>2392949
this genuinely looks like run of the mill, high school project tier shit, familam.
>>
>>2392957
No I said that your TOO fun stop being so fun or try being a little less fun.
>>
>>2392960
try to be a little less shit at drawing
>>
>>2392962
Fine, keep being way too fun.
>>
>>2392969
do you really think this is quality work?
>>
>>2392972
Post your work. We can only determine that by contrasting it with what else is being made.
>>
>>2392972
>>2392974
kek.
>>
File: merc_wip.jpg (8 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
merc_wip.jpg
8 KB, 205x246
>>2392974
>>
>>2392916
i'm sure it's not odd at all in your circle to produce ugly art
>>
>>2392985
That picture has been passed around here for at least two years. Post something recent.
>>
>>2392991
blow me desu
>>
>>2392996
sure. If you're can't post anything that's yours then so be it. I'm pretty sure that pic was from some shit art academy rag anyway.

Lets fuck.
>>
>>2392996
also, work on your ear placement familam.
>>
>>2392997
dude you're so artsy and unique.
>>
File: cropt.jpg (1013 KB, 2052x2628) Image search: [Google]
cropt.jpg
1013 KB, 2052x2628
>>2392989
hey i'm ^this guy but I also think you suck and said this
>>2392893

here's a drawing of mine, from life, in charcoal. very small, see thumbtacks for size
>>
>>2393001
thanks. Finally we're getting along. I take everything back. You drawing is pretty good. We both have a lot to improve though but I'm sure we'll get there.
>>
>>2393003
It's pretty good, especially for working so small with charcoal.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
>>2393003
that fucking sucks post something that isn't quirky for the sake of it.
>>
File: smill.jpg (1 MB, 4928x3264) Image search: [Google]
smill.jpg
1 MB, 4928x3264
lol, /ic/
>>
File: smoll.jpg (1 MB, 4928x3264) Image search: [Google]
smoll.jpg
1 MB, 4928x3264
this and the last are actually wips
>>
>>2393023
>abstract shit
>dude animal penis ashes on muh sketches
>dude tiny ass charcoal drawing lelel
you're not an artist, you're just a fan of being quirky. pack your bags and go home kiddo
>>
>>2393030
haha if you think i care about you or your premature opinions you're very wrong
>>
>>2393034
if you think this abysmal goofy shit is worth being prideful about you should prepare for more embarrassment outside of your circle
>>
>>2393042
try harder
>>
>>2393046
I'm serious. stop circle jerking and actually study. this is HS tier.
>>
>>2393051
i literally just posted some random shit hombre, i've sold work before, i'm really not concerned about your autistic opinion.
>>
Oh man this thread has been too fun. When well we just all accept that we're all just fags and get along?

Coming here is like watching all the ugly chicks hen peck each other about being ugly except I'm also one of the ugly chicks.
>>
>>2393023
nice, reminds me of nouveau and i guess by extension amano. keep it up.
>>
>>2393052
would you mind posting something you've sold
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
I wonder if it's always the same guy who makes these obvious shitpost threads.

It never matters how slap in the face obvious it is you fucks always indulge them.
>>
>>2393092
says the person posting their wistful musing in the thread that's already dead. Giving it a bump.
>>
>>2392737
Hate to do this to you OP but everyone else is right. Your work is very ugly and really lacks any real creativity. You are just going for shock value which is fucking retarded lmao
>>
>>2393133
that's for the feed back. It's good to hear some thoughtful criticism. what else? I'm all ears.
>>
>>2393139
>animal cocks soaked in frits and fluxes and then fired in a kiln
could you go into more details about this?
what animals, how'd you acquire them, etc, and why.
>>
>>2393160
>>2393160
Fuck I wrote it out and then made I typo when I pressed backspace, it backed me out the page. I'll begin again.

I first read the Theogony of Hesiod. He describes Kronos cutting off his father, Ouranos' genitals and casting them into the sea. They caused the sea to foam giving rise to Aphrodite who was nurtured by it.

I then read the fragments of Anaxagoras but importantly his early physics. He believed that all things were originally in a complete state of homogeneity. Rotation caused them to separate and coalesce to form land, sea, animal, sky, sun. He believed in a strange set of elements like bone, flesh, heat, rock etc. He reasoned that if milk must contain bone and flesh for it becomes bone and flesh.

I then read Ovid's Metamorphosis and his strange transformations. Of the trauma of Hermaphroditus being molested my the nymph salmakis and her wish that they never part fused them into the same body. Of Daphne's rape by Apollo petrifying her into a tree. Of Tiresias striking two snakes with a stick and transforming into a woman.

Anaxagoras' idea of the elements can lead one to see the strange nature his physics and transformation. There can be little difference between a dog and a man and an dear and tree. Only small ratios off.

I read the Metamorphosis as Ovid adding the metaphysical to Anaxagoras mixtures. Where the things that transform us involve the mixture of experience, trauma, curiosity, witnessing the vile or the good.

I see this work I make as creating these mixtures and creating transformation.

Also, I'm a prairie nigger. I can hunt year round on tribal land. I take what I need and give the rest to the people in my tribe who will use it.
>>
>>2393200
there's lots of good ingredients you're working with there, it's just how you're putting it together isn't working vey well.
>>
>>2393212
>>2393212
I can see what you mean. For me it works because Both Hesiod's and Ovid's works are also at time vile and detestable.

I'm willing to work further but, I'm not sure how it works for you, but for me my mind can get locked into an image and an idea and I engage into an almost obsessive repetition until I purge myself of it.
>>
>>2393200
what the fuck is going on here? What's happened to IC?
>>
>>2394325
It's moving out of the 16th century.
>>
>>2392737

instead of your art maybe you should hang yourself
>>
>>2393200

>I'm a prairie nigger

After looking at your art I'm pretty sure you're a regular nigger.
>>
>>2398802
that's cute.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.