[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The entry-level Kindle fire is on sale for $40. I know it won't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: kindle_fire_in_hand.jpg (56 KB, 500x431) Image search: [Google]
kindle_fire_in_hand.jpg
56 KB, 500x431
The entry-level Kindle fire is on sale for $40. I know it won't be anywhere near as good as a real drawing tablet, but are there good apps/usable capability for drawing? Has anyone used it for that? I'm not thinking of buying it for drawing (mostly to read foreign graphic novels and have recipes out while cooking) but this would be a cool feature to have to dip my toes in digital drawing and more easily share sketches, because I have no experience with digital art or digital drawing tools, all pen and paper for me.

Thanks bros, and no need to point out that it is shit compared to a Wacom or whatever, I have no expectations of an extremely high quality experience.
>>
>>2389139

Use it for reading Loomis and other art books

Don't use it for drawing, you already know yourself why
>>
>>2389139
Mmmm... look, I can sort of see what you're after but, to be completely honest, you would be wasting your money.

Tablets like the Kindle Fire don't have pressure sensibility, and an artist-friendly stylus would cost a lot. So I highly reccomend you to get something else.

A good begginer's tablet is the Huion 610.

https://www.huiontablet.com/all-products/graphic-tablets/h610.html

I've had mine for a couple of years and it's still working pretty well. It's similar to an entry level wacom device, but cheaper.

I know you probably want to "look" at what you're drawing like you're used to and may not like staring at your computer's screen while you draw, but you get used to it fairly quickly. No sense in buying a cintiq or something unless you're already experienced (why would you buy a $2000+ guitar if you're just learning how to play?)

Read the sticky for more info in tablets. Good luck.
>>
>>2389139

A regular pencil and simple copying paper is superior in every single way.
>>
>>2389189

That Huion tablet is cheap and seems nice. I'm not really interested in seriously doing digital drawing, and I doubt my 6 y/o laptop is fast enough to run a decent program; using Gimp for simple photo cropping causes enough lag to make it almost unusable. I didn't think about it not being pressure sensitive though, and I know nothing about styluses.

Thanks for the info, down the line that would probably be the tablet I buy if I want to do digital.
>>
>>2389304
7 years ago I had to work with a Pentium IV, 756MB RAM and a Wacom Volito 2 tablet that ran software like GIMP, Photoshop CS2, openCanvas and SAI just fine. Unless you've got an entry-level netbook you seriously need to clean up your PC.
>>
>>2389433

Yes I do. I run Ubuntu 14.04 and there is some sort of system error that seems to be fucking everything up as well as just ordinary bload; I'm not sure if it's related but I have to restart every few hours or it starts getting really slow and freezes constantly. I've tried reinstalling the OS but my computer won't boot from usb or disk and I've not really been bothered to fix that.

I'll probably get more serious about figuring out what's wrong when the when I go to put the next LTS, Ubunbtu 16, which is out in April I think.
>>
>>2389446

But a light distro on it like Lubuntu on it, and put that $40 towards saving up for a decent computer instead
>>
>>2389453

I can't put anything on it. Something is messed up with the boot order. I went into Bios and set the flashdrive to be the first thing to boot but I still just boot into the already installed OS. I'm going to try a boot repair program, but I'm over my head in getting it fixed.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.