[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there such a thing has a bob ross of portraits? I painted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 290459_5_.jpg (46 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
290459_5_.jpg
46 KB, 400x400
Is there such a thing has a bob ross of portraits? I painted along with him for a couple of episodes and was very happy with the results. You quickly understand how dark and light interact to create the exact shape he's looking for. I then tried to make a female head but was still stuck in a loop of "this is too dark/light" and blending everything together, not knowing where to put the sharp lines of dark and light.

The 25 minute format is also very fun to follow because of how quick he is. You're working on something different every 2 minutes so it's always dynamic.
>>
I'd like to know to but to be honest just go learn shapes and forms, op. the face is so easy to fuck up and the best way to go about it is just learning all those basic things and applying them.
>>
>>2389396
> Face is easy as fuck

>draws forms but they still look like symbols

Show me how to do it, oh mighty one
>>
>>2389398
m8 can you read? he said the face is so easy to fuck up, not that its easy as fuck
>>
File: tumblr_m6ymhdhJ6S1r3rttno1_250.gif (78 KB, 182x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6ymhdhJ6S1r3rttno1_250.gif
78 KB, 182x250
Can't be done m8. Landscapes work because most of the objects are far away and can be greatly simplified. Portraits are closeups plus our brains are primed for facial recognition because it is such an integral part of our lives. Anyone can tell when you fuck up proportions of face right off the bat, the face will "feel wrong" to most people.
>>
>>2390456

This. Seeing faces (and by extension other humans) is something we are too familiar with, that's why we are so critical of human drawings.
>>
>>2388485
Bob Ross paints from imagination. I can draw from a reference and I've drawn from live models but I couldn't do the stuff Bob Ross does.
>>
it's so easy to replicate what he does I'm almost starting to think about making paintings and selling them. How easy is it to make some generic landscapes and put them up for sale in restaurants?
>>
The charicature drawers on the streets are the Bob Ross of portraits I guess.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.