[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are haters the prime source of an artist's success? Since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: 1450368553529.jpg (61 KB, 822x732) Image search: [Google]
1450368553529.jpg
61 KB, 822x732
Are haters the prime source of an artist's success?
Since nobody here likes sakimi and kron does that mean the more hate you got for your art the more successful you'll become?
>>
>>2387537
Yes, now go away.
>>
>>2387537
No, it's the exact opposite way around. The more successful you become, the more haters you get. Haters are a symptom of success, not the cause of it.
>>
>>2387542
can you get haters as soon as you start?
>>
Are you mentally retarded or what?
>>
>>2387537
Sadly it can be that way. Simon was a good example of this and he even did his best to help people around here before the anti-"pedo" autists drove him out. Of course, there are other cases where the popular artist genuinely does deserve shit for being an unskilled hack.

Either way, unless it's a study of what not to be as an artist(like in the case of Dobson) people who waste their time on this shit are idiots.
>>
>>2387566
dobson is more of an artist than any of /ic/
he's well known, people here dont
>>
>>2387537
No. If that were true, Andrew Dobson would be extremely successful.
>>
>>2387575
This
>>
>>2387575
What does being well known have to do with being "more of an artist" than someone else, you stupid shit? Dobson is more well known than plenty of incredily skilled professionals who are better artists in any possible way.
>>
The reality of it is what you say on ic doesn't matter. To anyone. This isn't the real art community. It's the home of angry trolls. You guys sit around jerking each other off talking about Noah Bradley or someone else thinking they, or the real art community, care about what you have to say. No one cares. The whole success measured in hate thing is fucking stupid.
>>
>>2387586
hes also extremely depressed and is unable to take a joke
>>
>>2387575
Actually, he's a failed artist and should be used as an example of what never to be. He will never get a decent art job, he won't make money off his art freelance considering how he shot himself in the foot with that Samus commission, hell, his mom almost got him a job working on children's books but he declined it seeing as he thought it was beneath him.

Artists should see everything that Dobson is and strive to be the opposite.
>>
>>2387610
i wish i have the infamy of dobson. Fucks sake if dobson got his shit together and start pissing off the h8ers by doing cool shit and whatnot he'll be fukken rich
>>
>>2387613
"cool shit"? Like what?
>>
>>2387600
>This isn't the real art community. It's the home of angry trolls. You guys sit around jerking each other off

Stop projecting.
>>
File: 1454699733914.jpg (78 KB, 884x574) Image search: [Google]
1454699733914.jpg
78 KB, 884x574
>>2387610
>hell, his mom almost got him a job working on children's books but he declined it seeing as he thought it was beneath him.

Good grief
>>
>>2387623
Well, I suppose the good thing is that those kids will never be exposed to CattyN.
>>
>>2387544

Yes. But if you're unknown and someone thinks you're shit you're more likely to just get ignored than hated. The person concludes "I don't like this art. Nobody else likes it. I'm right. Moving on."
If you're popular and someone thinks you're shit they get really indignant about it and try to convince everyone how shit you are, how little you deserve your success, etc. It becomes "I don't like this art. Why do they like this art? Are they stupid? There's all this better art. I could do better." Then they get mad. The idea of their opinion not being shared by everyone seems to fuel the resentment. If Sakimi or Kr0n or anyone else where unknown they wouldn't get a fraction of the hate even from the people who genuinely don't like their art. They'd just ignore it and move on with their lives.

Either way, as has been said, getting successful isn't a consequence of being hated, being hated is a consequence of being successful. In some cases I guess infamy can get you attention, though, if you follow that "any publicity is good publicity" route.
>>
i want to bulldoze mikufags virgin ass
>>
File: 1452291427506.png (282 KB, 381x446) Image search: [Google]
1452291427506.png
282 KB, 381x446
>>2387636
>
>>
>>2387544

you dont want to go the tom preston route
>>
>>2387544
Ask chris chan.
>>
>>2387537
You can't please everyone.
>>
>>2387537
I feel funny looking at this pic.
>>
>>2387544
Definitely.
>>
>>2387924
When are you going to start a patreon? I cant wait to pledge something to you, your art is amazing
>>
>>2387882

that's how you know there is something good about it. Bad art doesn't make you feel anything and you forget it right after looking at it, like most of the stuff in /ic/ and provincial art museums and galleries.
>>
>>2387537
sakimi and kron are popular because their generic style got them on the front page of deviantart. because of this, there was no real motivation to change what they were doing
>>
>>2387964
I have been on the front page of deviantart a hundred times and I'm not nearly as popular.

Their art isn't any better than a thousand other artists. They are popular because they jumped on that patreon bullshit FIRST And thats all there is to it.
>>
>>2387924
thats cus you post on this shithole you dumb fuck. Post on any other site and you will avoid them.

You aren't gaining anything by being here. 90% of the crits giving by these faggots are just flat out incorrect.
>>
>>2387636
>>2387652
>yfw mikufag is a balding 30 year old fedora tipper
>>
>>2387991
>the fbi still havent caught mikufaggot
>>
File: 1450107477218.png (347 KB, 500x543) Image search: [Google]
1450107477218.png
347 KB, 500x543
>>2387991
He is a Trump supporting fucc boi
>>
File: Blush_face.jpg~c200.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Blush_face.jpg~c200.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>2387942
Th..Thanks anon. I'm surprised beyond words by your comment.

Thing is that I'm still trying to set up a paypal business account, (I'm currently dealing with the bank burocracy just to confirm my debit card -_-)

When this is done. I will post some commission prices and terms because I've been requested to do so and I already missed my planned date (end of January) for this due to the previous reason.

Then I will start thinking on making a patreon, I really want to finish some songs I've been working on (and ofc get more illustrations done) to reaffirm my commitment with music and add more value to my Patreon.

Thanks again anon for your interest, I hope not to disappoint you :)

>>2387969

idk anon, as much shit some people have given me, /ic/ in great part has been quite patient and resourceful in this self imposed pursuit. It really pains me when I get the same critique over and over again and as I said I do try hard not to disappoint myself and you guys. I've tried other sites but just like irl people seem to think I know how to draw, that's another big reason why I keep coming back to /ic/

Sorry if some of the above doesn't make sense but I've been awake for almost 2 days and I'm at the office trying to do figure drawing while I wait for the traffic to pass
>>
>>2388078

Traps for Trump?
>>
>>2388091
What's all of your social media? I'm curious and have been watching your progress which is pretty rad. However, I have dry spells where I don't visit /ic/ for awhile and must have missed you posting it.
>>
>>2388292

Thanks anon, I currently have the following pages:

firez-tbr.tumblr.com
firez-da.deviantart.com
f1rez on Facebook
Firez_igr on Instagram
firez-sld.soundcloud.com
>>
>>2388091
What happens when you're asked to draw something that isn't a direct copy or some PTSD-having waifu from the waist up?
>>
>>2388414
thats a lot of links
>>
File: asklhdlashdakjh.jpg (22 KB, 254x266) Image search: [Google]
asklhdlashdakjh.jpg
22 KB, 254x266
>>2388091
>firez gonna make a patty
this gon be gud
>>
>>2389043
Forgot my YT though

>>2389652
After looking at the patreons of others way better than me I have very low expectations for that, It will probably become a glorified tip jar.

That said, my aim will always be to find the means to dedicate the rest of my life to art and realize my aesthetic dream.
>>
>>2391108
you can open a patreon and remain anonymous while still making money

even if you dont register a bank account, you still will get the money that's pooled up from confirmed pledges
>>
>>2391117
I didn't know that, that's quite convenient. However the only way I can receive money is through a linked debit card, using a bank account would mean trying to get a visitor visa and going to the U.S just to open a bank account. I don't even know if that is possible as a mere foreign tourist :(
>>
Haters are super important dude. too much hugbox like DA is going to make you wound up like this guy
http://windam.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=120

he drew really good stuff in 2007 but from that point on, he crippled and starts his never ending journey towards sucking
nobody ever said anything negative towards his art
>>
>>2393551
That has nothing to do with him not having haters, and everything to do with him not giving a shit about his art. He either got complacent or never bothered trying to get better. You don't need haters if you're self motivated and push yourself.
>>
>>2393563
you need attention to your work if you want to push yourself tho
>>
>>2387575
this will create so much butthurt
ans is true
he actually makes something creative instead of endless, meaningless "studies", dreraming that one day, he will make a real art, only has to get good first.
>>
>>2393648
There is no such thing as perfection in art.
Salty sallies will always nitpick your mistakes.
"True" art is the widespread propagation of your work.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.