[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drawing Tablet Exercises
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: intuos5med.jpg (24 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
intuos5med.jpg
24 KB, 800x600
So I just got me a screenless drawing tablet (not in pic), but I've never used a drawing tablet before. I'm working with it, but it's kind of hard to use since I'm so used to paper (also looking down at my drawing).

I'm curious if there are any suggestions for little "exercises" for drawing tablets, just to help me get used to it.
>>
>>2382523
Not really. You just have to feel around a bit and get used to it, and you get used to it faster depending on what you are trying to draw. For example do some basic time drawing to start out with before trying the stuff you are used to on paper.
>>
>>2382523
You get used to it after one day.

Nice thread. We need more threads like this to flood the board.
>>
I'm new to tablets myself but this helped me:

1. map the size of your tablet 1:1 to your screen, dont let it use the whole screen
2. use the stabilizer of paint tool sai
>>
>>2382587
>Use the stabilizer of SAI

Bad idea mate. That's a good way to make sure that you can never stop relying on stabilizers. The only reason to have it turned on is to smooth out the slight shifts and jittering that can happen because of driver/hardware->software issues. Just turn the stabilizer to 1 if anything. Never above, that just becomes a crutch.
>>
File: New Canvas.jpg (176 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
New Canvas.jpg
176 KB, 1600x1200
i practiced this for two hours and improved alot
>>
>>2382523
get an ipad pro
>>
>>2382523
play osu! with your tablet
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.