[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
hi /ic/
how to practice drawing when you are in class ? (highschool/college)
>>
Draw dicks on your worksheets.
>>
I'm in high school. It isn't that hard.

That is of course if you're willing to make an academic disappointment out of yourself and spend an extra one or two years making up credits. But hey it's all worth it to be at least ok at art.
>>
>>2378688
Focus on class white you are in class. If you get bad scores on SAT/ACT and shit grades getting into college for anything becomes a lot harder. Draw at home.
>>
just do it while on break or when the professor is absent or already
>>
draw your hands. don't try to draw other students like a weirdo. and don't just do shitty notebook doodles from imagination. draw your hands.
>>
>>2379300
also if op is next to a window he can draw a fucking tree or whatever inanimate object happens to be outside
>>
>>2379300

>implying you can't get any tangible skill from imagination drawing

What a load of shit. Of course mindless doodling won't do you any good, but inspired drawings that apply and practice fundamental concepts do.

Hands exclusively probably won't get you far though (although admittedly, you'll probably get pretty good at drawing hands). Filling in sketchbooks and actually practicing fundamentals every day with as much time wasters (vidya, weed, a social life that's too active for your own good) chopped from your daily routine and replaced with drawing will.
>>
>>2379329
This. Learning fundamentals doesn't matter if you can't apply that knowledge.

OP you have to have a smart phone, you're presumably a teenager if you're in high school. Look up references on your phone and draw from that. Your teacher is gonna know you're not paying attention regardless so might as well get gud.

If you're in college, don't draw during class. You're paying money to be there, if the class isn't of use to you, talk to your advisors about dropping it properly.
>>
Drawing other students is obvious, but I did it and drawing people sitting from behind gets boring after a while. You can do gestures of the teacher too, since they tend to move a lot. They do a lot of stuff with their hands, so that's good too. You can also draw the scenery outside the window, or try to draw the room while keeping the perspective in mind. I also used to sketch thumbnails for paintings I wanted to do later, if you want to practice composition.

>>2378706
High school's easy peasy mate, you can draw in class with no issue. It's not like drawing needs all of your focus anyways, you can just stop when something you need to focus on comes up. But the other anon is right, don't draw in college classes.

>>2379353
Don't do this, drawing often looks close enough to taking notes that the teacher won't notice, or they probably won't care. If it looks like you're texting they'll be much more annoyed, and pulling out a bright screen or looking suspiciously under your desk is far more obvious than doing something slightly different with your pencil.
>>
>>2378688
I can't seriously relate because I drew on all my classes (notes one side, doodles in the other side, sometimes it was all doodles)
But I had horrible grades and was a dipshit to my teachers.
Shit does get more complicated if you have bad grades so focus on college.
>>
>>2379392
I feel you. Literally as long as I can remember I've always been the struggling student that draws on all his assignments. It just got worse as I reached middle school, and even worse in the past year, as I'm pushing halfway through an extra year of grade school. It fucking sucks and I'm scared I'll have no applicable skills for the working world or any hope of college/uni (not that I want to go necessarily); so I figured I already dug myself a deep enough hole, might as well keep digging till I strike gold, and grind till I'm pro while trying to establish an online presence.

Probably a stupid idea, but idk man I'm willing to live a low pay life if it means I get to draw shit. (and I'm willing to spend years trying to get to that part.)
>>
>>2379413
>I already dug myself a deep enough hole, might as well keep digging till I strike gold

that's a nice way to put it
>>
This technique is pretty advanced, but I've managed to apply it for almost 2 years soon.
Okay you ready?
You pick up your sketchbook, and, you draw
>>
>>2379576
Fucking this. I don't know why I didn't say this initially, but it's basically alot of this.
>>
I wonder if mathematicians doodle equations in their notes when they take art class.
>>
>>2380834
True mathematicians would do that. Like, the real math geeks will manipulate maths just to see the results they might get. You could ascribe it to being their form of doodling.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.