[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Foundation of Design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: cgma_student_work_design.jpg (743 KB, 2000x1414) Image search: [Google]
cgma_student_work_design.jpg
743 KB, 2000x1414
What are some good lectures to look up in regards to Foundation of Design?
>>
I think design is some thing that comes naturally. So most of the time you just have to try many different things before you get a feel for what is right.

I remember seeing a video by FZDSchool on the subject though. Where he talks about hitting the sweet spot between under and over designed.
>>
>>2378401
I went to fzd,
the design class was alot about function and communication. Go get some car design or industrial design classes. the main diffrence is that illustration is focused alot on "looking cool" and industrial design is all about having a functionail and efficient design. concept art for entertainment is basically the middle ground. believable enough for it sorta exist and a look that fits the function (not allways sexy cool looking stuf)
>>
>>2378441
>function and communication
Hey look a good post. Like stated, in real world design has to especially consider function, while in fiction there are no practical constraints but rather the illusion of practicality.
>>
>>2378441
>I went to fzd,

how did you end up on /ic/ ? what went wrong ?
>>
>>2378461
old habits are hard to kill
>>
>>2378536

were you around when ben mauro, long and eduardo pena were teaching?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.