[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth it to buy? It's $18 on Amazon right now. Or is there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 260x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 260x332
Worth it to buy? It's $18 on Amazon right now. Or is there a better book out there?
>>
>>2375028
it's good, it actually teaches quite more than just drapery too.

I'll say michael massen's book is better, it's really very scientific, boring to read and the examples aren't exciting that makes you want to draw but the principals he teaches is very solid and you can learn to analyze and design how a fold works and know why and how these folds happen that makes up the usual 7 types of folds that most others teach. but it's still very boring to read.
>>
>>2375028
This was one of my favourite books when I was starting out. It's very modest in how it presents itself, but it teaches figure drawing and drapery very clearly.
>>
>>2375028
She taught my workshop at AAU. Really awesome old lady. The book is great as well.
>>
>>2375104
When was this? I read that she passed sometime in 2009 or so.
>>
File: 6aVNVhy.gif (954 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
6aVNVhy.gif
954 KB, 400x225
Do anyone here know when Michael Hampton's anatomy book is going to restock on amazon?

It's been weeks already.
>>
>>2375050
Is it mainly clothes figures?
>>
Mmmm I don't know, this book is like the "draw the owl" thing.
>>
>>2375028
so you really need a book on how to copy reference?
>>
>>2375028
just download it
>>
>>2375432
from where?
>>
>>2375028
This book is a waste of money
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.