[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heyy ic, been a while. Does olly and teal still hangout here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_njwsk8H9WZ1qg4kx9o1_1280.jpg (347 KB, 1280x842) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njwsk8H9WZ1qg4kx9o1_1280.jpg
347 KB, 1280x842
Heyy ic, been a while. Does olly and teal still hangout here? If not are there any other artists that are as good still here?

There was a guy that painted these vampire lolies too who was quite good, is he still around?

thanks
>>
olly got2gud and i think teal got chased off or some shit
wakka still posts occasionally
>>
I think once you get to a certain level of skill you inevitably get a posse of shitposters and most people get sick of it.
>>
Too soon man...too soon...
>>
teal got found out as a pedophile and left
>>
File: 1453751089887.webm (1 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1453751089887.webm
1 MB, 720x720
/ic/ is a stopgap for serious artists

we hang out here for a couple years then you are all not really worthy of our presence anymore

so we naturally switch to most worthy communities like cgsociety, among others
>>
he was kind of a dick desu

never had a pleasant exchange of words with him. came off very smug and plain rude
>>
>>2367661
Can confirm. But you also cant deny that its hard to drop in once a month to stock up on quality shitposting
>>
>>2367474
Teal posts on /co/
>>
>>2367474
tehmeh hates this place and gets mad at you if you bring it up around him :/
>>
>>2367665
That's a shame, he took nearly an hour to critique my stuff on an empty Google Hangout when he came into irc once
>>
>>2367474
there are 2 or 3 pretty advanced guys on /ic/ right now, and seeing all shitposts everytime they show their work, wouldn't be surprised if most stop coming here soon too.
>>
>>2367969

The 2 or 3 pretty advanced guys ARE the shitposters.
>>
>>2367969
not to worry citizen, I won't stop coming here.
>>
>>2367973
>Inb4 mikufag
>>
>>2367969

no way that is true.
>>
>>2367981
Lurk more and you'll find out.
>>
>>2367969
who?
>>
>>2368006
not him but andrew, dot, jace & dark
>>
>>2368006
Nile, Rover and Loomis
>>
>>2368006
vilppu but he also shitpost a lot.
>>
>>2367474
>>2368048
>>2368049
None of these people are very good. Is /ic/ easy to impress or what?
Please go ahead, prove me wrong by posting any of the "marvelous" things they've done.
>>
>>2368059
They are very good in relation to the average /ic/ poster like you. Obviously if this board was full of great artists, they wouldn't stand out, but because people like you are so unbelievably terrible, they are standing out as advanced artists.
>>
>>2368059
post anything you've done better than the pic in OP
>>
>>2368059
>Is /ic/ easy to impress or what?

/ic/ is ruthless, at least compared to all the hugbox alternatives.
>>
>>2367502
by olly do you mean that guy that does saul bass style posters ?

>>2368059
you just haven't been lurking enough, there are 3 or more artists on tumblr that are very good at what they do on a general artistic sense, not on the shitty low standard of /ic/
>>
File: HCUpIf7.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HCUpIf7.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
>>2368059
how dare you none of you cocksuckers will ever come close to the greatness that is Rover

behold, his magnum opus
>>
>>2367661
This.
>>
>>2368059
nobody is claiming they're incredible artists, but they're good enough to make a living at it. not everyone is going to be able to revolve around your taste so you can go on with shitty comments like that for ages. a non-representational artist would laugh at you and take a massive shit in your mouth (literally).
>>
>>2368494

calm down olly
>>
>>2368447
olly is tehmeh, his real name is olly lawson

also I disagree with them I think he got chased away by shitposting too from what I remember
>>
>>2368465
Keep that cancerous garbage in LAS
>>
>>2368006
Mikufag, rinfag, insert 3rd vocaloid fag.
>>
>>2368895
shitposters are the only reason I post here. Literally everytime I post anything the same 2 shitposters get triggered and it fills me with so much joy.
>>
>>2367474
I had him on AIM for a few months. I was old enough to know not to get too excited and abuse the privilege of messaging him too frequently. I got to speak with him two or three times, he said "it's good" which brightened my day. But I knew my work was trash and he was being nice. But he removed me, assuming he completely went dark and deleted AIM or just removed all fans.

I knew right away, when he went dark. I know I can't be bothering busy artists. I'm a nobody, BUT if I can impart anything to any younger artists. Don't bug them for help or ask for things, just find your lane and appreciate them from a distance.
>>
Is anyone at all on irc or hangouts now? and where is it?

pro or not,
>>
is it olly samefag extravaganza time again? looks like it.
>>
>>2369059
wew lad
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.