[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
perspective/distortion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 02.jpg (125 KB, 600x379) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
125 KB, 600x379
everyone knows 1,2,3 point perspective, but how does /ic/ deal with distortion?
>>
my drawings are always distorted ;^)
>>
What's there to deal with? You choose camera placement, that gives you distance between vanishing points, then lens and slightly curve perspective with ps fisheye filte if needed.
>>
>>2362340

I try to understand this field of view business.

Would it be accurate to say that the face to the left would be what you'd see in real life if the person sat as a model for you, and you would only see the perspective of a face to the right in real life if it was a giant "attack of the titan" size person?
>>
>>2362340
I tend to draw my faces with the proportions on the right lol
>>
File: Eyeballsack.jpg (146 KB, 1700x750) Image search: [Google]
Eyeballsack.jpg
146 KB, 1700x750
>>2362439
Field of view is kind of an odd wording for it.
It's really just about perspective and the distance to the object you're looking at.
If you're standing far away from something, there will be little distortion, because the different parts of the thing you're looking at will be roughly the same distance away from you.
For example, if you're looking at a person 10m away from you, the eyes may be 10m and 10.06m away from you, so there will be virtually no distortion. This is why things look odd when you're looking through binoculars, because you're looking at things with very little distortion, almost like a technical drawing (which have absolutely no distortion).
However, the closer something is to you, the greater the relative distance of the various parts of the objects you're looking at will be from your point of view.
If someone is standing face to face with you, the distance of the eyes might be 10cm and 16cm, which is a 60% difference in distance from your points of view. It's similar to looking at two objects that are 10m and 16m away from you, and if you know anything at all about perspective, you know these objects will look like they're different sizes.
In other words, the object closer to you takes up a greater part of your vision, thus will be "larger".
>>
>>2362539

That's the easiest to understand explanation I've seen for lens distortion. Thank you.
>>
>>2362439
distortion is when you place your forehead against a mirror and find you cant see your ears at all.
>>
>>2362513
its not about the proportion its about field of view.
camera distortion. FZDschool has a vid about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blZUao2jTGA
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.