[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EMOTIONAL INVESTMENT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1439388189467.jpg (95 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1439388189467.jpg
95 KB, 750x750
Does being emotionally invested in art makes it better?

Whenever I draw things that I'm not emotionally invested in they come out looking much better than those which I do.

I believe that this is because I can just cut and delete and edit without caring too much about the subject. I can see it more objectively. I believe that this is why doctors are discouraged to treat family members.
http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2012/10/doctors-treat-family-friends.html

I tend to procrastinate a lot when I draw something that I really care about. Something too personal. It feels painful.

So ideally I would just be more detached right?

But how would you feel if a piece of art that has really changed you and affected you turned out to be nothing but a cold mechanical process? Something that the artist didn't really cared about. Wouldn't you feel betrayed?

I don't want to give those kinds of feelings to the audience.

What's you attitude towards this Anons?
>>
>>2360785
>Muh trypophobia
>>
File: 1448819828512.png (68 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1448819828512.png
68 KB, 300x300
>>2360792

Fuck you.
>>
Having personal or emotional investment is what drives me forward in my art.

When I make something personal, the stakes are higher. The piece or subject now has meaning that I connect to directly. And when the stakes are higher, I tend to put more effort into it. My person is in that art. Failure will hurt much more, as the art now has a part of me in it. Success will feel even sweeter though, as the accomplishment and victory is both an artistic one as well as one of personal growth.

That is just me though.
>>
>>2360792
God its fucking gross
>>
>>2360792
I ESPECIALLY HATE THE ONE THAT IS STILL FULLY INSIDE THE HOLE JESUS FUCK I FEEL SICK
>>
File: enhanced.png (159 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
enhanced.png
159 KB, 500x300
>>2360819
I bet he is feeling comfy as fuck.
>>
Please respond.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.