[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you see the animation industry,in your opinion, heading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Cannon Fodder.gif (988 KB, 500x261) Image search: [Google]
Cannon Fodder.gif
988 KB, 500x261
Where do you see the animation industry,in your opinion, heading in the next couple years?
>>
If we are lucky, one punch man has raised the bar and studios try harder
>>
>>2360283
wtf is so great about that shit show?
>>
>>2360285
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yllHBYFnGhk
>>
>>2360285
the animation.
>>
>>2360294
>>2360288
haha, no its shit desu senpai
>>
>>2360283
>>2360285
>>2360294
I like the manga and enjoyed the show, but I really don't see why people are shitting their pants over the animation. While it's a bit better than the average shit that Japan manages to poop out, it's really nothing special. The frame rate tends to be fairly low, the animation doesn't flow very well because of its focus on stylistic exaggeration that ignores physics and weight, the coloring style is the same old plastic shit, while the lineart consists of thick blobs of ink. It's also rife with CGI and shitty filter effects, which cheapens it even further.
>>
>>2359536
More Western 3D animation, less 2d. All the 2d tv cartoons animated in south Korea and China.
More 3D animes in Japan... Ok with 2D animation and Hybrid. Maybe a different scenario in 10 years.
>>
>>2359536
More 3DCG, better 3DCG. God what I'd give for a hand drawn revival.
>>
>>2360464
thank you, you feel me.
>>
>>2360434
You sound like a weeaboo from /a/ who is emotionally invested in this discussion because you dislike the show as a whole, rather than an artist who can objectively judge the animation quality by itself.

It's always so fucking easy to spot the crossposting /v/irgins and /a/utists who desperately try to act like they are artists, yet their opinion is always based on what their home board dictates them to like or dislike.
>>
>>2360288
The quality of the movement is good, it's flashy and they clearly put a lot of effort, but art-wise it's still the same turd they are polishing there.
>>
>>2360816
>sorry, its a shit show.
>>
>>2359536
Having worked in the CG animation industry in the US for 7 years and in hollywood for 3 I think the direction is headed towards speed and automation. Our industry has already outsourced a lot of the work in film and games to other countries (Canada, Asia, India, etc..) . The next step I see is those studios creating more of their own IPs and relying more and more on the computer to fill in certain things. Mocap is getting better and better and studios are working on tools to edit the style of animation to fit specific projects. Meaning, taking the stock mocap footage and moving a slider to change it from super realistic to super cartoony/stylized, etc... Same with modeling, rigging, storyboarding, etc.. Everything is getting faster. With that said, the preproduction and story departments are always going to be there. Yeah, we might have Disney come out with 5 films a year, but that just means more work for the story, vis dev, etc... teams. Plus, now anyone can create a film from their own home computer. I see more and more small teams creating bigger projects with more popularity. I wouldn't be surprised to see an animated movie created by uncle bob in his basement in 10 years or so.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.