[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever heard of RISD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: drake-basketball-wives-3.jpg (46 KB, 550x352) Image search: [Google]
drake-basketball-wives-3.jpg
46 KB, 550x352
if so, want to go there?
>>
>>2348181
Stop shilling here, asshole.
>>
~$200,000 art education?

What a joke.
>>
Isn't that the place Noah Bradley dropped out of to attend a cheaper community college-style school and had to work his ass off to pay back? lol no
>>
> hundred of dollars of debt for an art degree

Literal robbery.
>>
>>2348192
he transferred to vcu which is notably just as good an art school lol
>>
>>2348197
It's insane and it really shouldn't be allowed. Art colleges should be among the cheapest institutions to attend considering the people that graduate from them are often financially unsuccessful even if they get their "dream job". (Art colleges that just teach "conceptual" art shouldn't be allowed to exist, period, but that's beside the point). How many artists make more than say $60k a year? Probably not very many-even those working for a big studio like Disney, and these kinds of jobs also usually require you to live somewhere cost prohibitive like California where a McDonald's hamburger costs $27
>>
>>2348192

Work his ass off ? He paid his debt back within a year, no problemo! ;) And you can too if you take his artcamp.
>>
File: 12206196.jpg (19 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
12206196.jpg
19 KB, 500x404
>tfw you'll never live in that groty abandoned warehouse and do meth with all the noise rock bands there while you try to do your coursework
>>
>>2348181
I live near it, an even know a professor who used to teach there. No interest in attending the school.

Rhode Island sucks.
>>
- RISD is known for "producing" oddballs in the industry (see Seth McFarlane, James franco). But the question is, does the school attract these kinds of people or actually foster them?
- My friend told me there's a lot of resources in regards to illustration for galleries, editorial, etc. but for the most part there's a lot of theorycrafting and not actual application.
- It's fine art primarily, definitely don't go there if you want to do concept art for video games etc.
- Good environment if you want to "enrich" your life if you have the money to waste
>>
>>2348214
I don't think he ever described his debt repayment in that way. What was it like $40k for the single, scholarship supplemented semester he took before abandoning it? Goddamn.
>>
>>2348181
Repetitive Injury Strain Disorder?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.