[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions that dont deserve their own thread. You people kn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: Cross_hatching.png (238 KB, 309x582) Image search: [Google]
Cross_hatching.png
238 KB, 309x582
Questions that dont deserve their own thread.

You people know the deal: any question that is not significant enough for a major thread can be asked here. I will make some of my own right now.

>What is the main difference between black chalk and charcoal? What are the diferent effects?

>How do I transfer small drawings for a giant cartoon? For example, how did Michelangelo and Da Vinci transferred their plans for the battles of Cascina and Anghiari to a great size cartoon? How did Michelangelo transfer his ideas (https://www.google.com.br/search?q=michelangelo+sistine+chapel+drawings&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=895&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwivwdff-qHKAhVKEJAKHTQ3DaYQ_AUIBigB&dpr=1#imgrc=_) for the Sistine to the cartoons that were used as transfering-guides to the ceiling?

>I know what is the technique of fresco, but I do not know what really is the painting technique that Michelangelo used: does anyone know of a book that explains how he obtained his shadows and lights and the sculptural effect of his nudes (well, how he obtained that besides by being a great artist)? For example, when he painted the legs and arms of the figures did he began with the darker parts? And how long he waited to apply the lighter layer? Things like that. I want an extremely accurate guide of Michelangelo painting techniques (in both the Sistine frescoes and the Doni Tondo), if there is something like that. Here, a source to see what I am talking about: http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/

>The name of the painting mode of Michelangelo is Cangiante, but I cant find a good explanation of it online. Anybody can explain to me or point out a source of learning?

>What are the best guides and sources to learn hatching and Cross-hatching (guides that can make one learn how to use it to create works like pic related)?
>>
File: 1449969965598s.jpg (6 KB, 226x249) Image search: [Google]
1449969965598s.jpg
6 KB, 226x249
>questions that dont deserve own thread
>makes own thread
>>
>>2338731
Use this please.
>>
>>2346431

thanks, will do
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.