[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this pretentious?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: IT'S A METAPHOR.jpg (168 KB, 470x699) Image search: [Google]
IT'S A METAPHOR.jpg
168 KB, 470x699
Is this pretentious?
>>
>>2344747
this thread? yes it is
>>
>>2344749
mmm well done
>>
>>2344747
Yes, and it is also gay, and as we all know, the gays should go die of AIDs because to hell with homosexuals. The AIDs they get is well deserved as is their death for being filthy butt-pirates.
>>
>>2344756
This is a good board
>>
>>2344758
fuck your group think
>>
>>2344759

Don't tell others how to express themselves you cunt. And draw Loomis ffs.
>>
>>2344765
Then why are YOU telling me how to express myself. If you believe what you just told me, you wouldn't have commented with it. Fuck your group think. Fuck what you think.

WTF is Loomis? I don't know, I don't give AF
>>
>>2344767

I'm not even that guy you were refering to, I just post because I enjoy watching your froth your mouth.
>>
>>2344775
I was referring to you.
I hope you enjoy it when this froth becomes my spit on your face.
>>
>>2344779

You can spit in your chin and screen as much as you want, kiddo.
>>
>>2344780
Too-shay
>>
>>2344756
>>2344756
>>2344756
HaHaHaHa thers no cum its not gay fag lol haha
>>
>>2344747

I feel like if you have to give a written explanation in order to convey the intent of your piece then you've failed at some part of it.
>>
>>2344756
You
>>>/pol/
>>
>take photography of male nude
>put in fridge
>forget about it
>find it a year later
>covered in slime
>develop it
>call it a metaphor for AIDS
>le art
>profit
>>
>>2344759
Oh, that's right, no one could independently develop a distaste for homosexuality, it's always based on popular notions.
>>
>>2344747

only in that I could make up bullshit about my work to pretend it's about something deeper then aesthetics but I don't

If your work can't stand alone and it needs a paragraph or 4 to stand it up, the work was flimsy on its' own. And description should enrich what the work has already presented, not overshadow it.
>>
>>2347051
Not all art needs to meet the bar set by your card-art standards
>>
>>2347051
This. Abstract or not, an art piece has to speak for itself.
>>
>>2344747
Yes.
>>
>>2347051
Do titles count or are they part of the art piece? Like a bag of garbage in a modern art gallery with the title "Fruits of Mankind".
>>
>>2344756
AIDS not AIDs you dipshit
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.