[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, something art related. I started to do traditional art,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: scanners.jpg (33 KB, 466x348) Image search: [Google]
scanners.jpg
33 KB, 466x348
So, something art related.

I started to do traditional art, and want to get pictures on my computer and also post the art online in a portfolio.

I assume the best way to do this is scan the pictures, but can anyone recommend a good scanner for this? Never used a scanner and have no idea what are good brands that don't fuck up how the drawing looks when it gets scanned (e.g. washed out colors, etc...).

If it matters, money is no issue, but I don't need an industrial device that costs me 2000 dollars obviously... Something high-end for home use is more than fine.

>Bonus for printer/scanner/copier combo, don't have a lot of space on my desk
>>
Personally I would reccomend an Epson all in one printer. The ink a little bit pricer and it comes in cmyk cratridges. And you'll have to not forget to print something now and then to avoid the ink from clogging.

But with the right paper they can make some very nice prints. If your biggest concern is scanning then i dont think it makes much of a difference how expensivr you get. I mean you dont want a rubbish scanner but from my experience most scanners are the same and you'll almost always have to photoshop, gimp, whatever and have to touch your scans for cleanup, color correction, or slight warping.
Anothet consideration is how big of scanner you want. If youre always drawing larger than printer paper consider that.

Currently i have a consumer level canon inkjet printer with scanner on top and it still does the job for me
>>
Any scanner is good, you just have to edit the picture a little after you scan it.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.