[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Architecture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: IMAG0721.jpg (3 MB, 2368x4208) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0721.jpg
3 MB, 2368x4208
anyone interested in architecture? to me, it's the closest i can get to working in art and paying bills. anyone work in the field?
sketch is by me of Rem Koolhaas's Villa Dall'ava (1991)
>>
>>2337171
I was strongly considering it but then I realized it wasn't wotth it. Not sure what country you're in but in the US you need to get a 5 year degree if you want to get an architecture job. If your school doesn't offer it then you have to get a bachelors in arch and then a masters which will probably take another 2-4 years. All that work and then you get shit pay and really shitty hours. Not worth it imo. I'd rather have a cushy office job that pays me more and leaves me with more time for my personal studies.
>>
Architecture will consume you, and for the vast majority their jobs are only marginally artistic. But there's always a way to make it if you work hard enough, and smart enough.

2 years out of university.
>>
>>2337609
How long did it take to get your degree? and are you in the states?
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.