[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Critique/improve my art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Regan Tabris Painting1.jpg (580 KB, 1984x2764) Image search: [Google]
Regan Tabris Painting1.jpg
580 KB, 1984x2764
Hello /ic/, please help me improve my art. this iss kinda a work in progress, but i guess it's one of my favorites so far. i'm not really focusing on realism, but if you have some good ideas, post them down below, and feel free to paint over this drawing!
>>
>>2334001
What are you trying to do here? Like it's got stylized proportions, but they don't really seem to be for any reason. You've got a female face with a super manly jaw, then put it on a pencil thin neck. The orange backlighting is inconsistent too, and the structure of the neck and shoulders is not really defined well.

I feel like you are jumping ahead of yourself here by painting in tiny details with a one pixel brush into the eyeballs and using a speckle brush to texture the skin pores and stuff. Why are you doing this last layer detail when you haven't even figured out the bigger things in the image like the general lighting and stylization choices? The shapes and edges are sloppy, the structure is strange, things are inconsistent, and you are focusing on pores. Get the thumbnail to look good before working about small detail.
>>
>He caught the Sycra
>>
I know it's on purpose, but that jaw looks goddamn ridiculous.
I think it'd look nice if you toned that down a little (/ a lot).
>>
Are you that girl from tumblr (that I won't mention the name) that draws only mass your own effects and dragon age ocs?If yes, get out of here. This is a place for losers only. You are already very popular.
>>
File: monster.png (370 KB, 488x443) Image search: [Google]
monster.png
370 KB, 488x443
Is this supposed to be a girl?

Looks like an elf girl of Cassandra from DA:I
>>
>>2334001
I really like the rendering but holy christ nipples that jawline
>>
Stop prentending to be bisexual to fit in that crowd, you clearly like men.
>>
>>2334001

Thats a pretty good Altmer you've got there.

Shame if something were to happen to it.
>>
The spacing of the eyes, nose and mouth indicate she's looking straight in my direction, but the rest of the head has a lot of caricaturally exaggerated asymmetrical features. There's nothing wrong with asymmetry, it's even encouraged in frontal shots, but its contrast with the almost perfectly mirrored face makes it looks like you erroneously drew the rest of her head from inconsistent angles.

The lightning on her right cheek is also too bright if you were going for a (back)light source on her left hand, which makes it read oddly as well. To put it shortly, she looks a bit like a Picasso in this state.
>>
>>2334038
I'm pretty sure op isn't that girl.
Looks like they've been kind of replicating her style because it looks really similar.

Op, my advice for you is stop trying to rip off other people's art. Even if you really like it and everyone says 'find the pov of your faves', you gotta develop your own art style. Good ways to do this are traditional work (because you can't use specific palettes, brushes, whatever), and don't do fanart - or your dragon age ocs, I can see that title dont lie anon - just sketch out a load of people, without references or copying whatever, just get them onto paper without thinking about what sort of person you're doing, and it should be easier to enhance your own style. Good luck anon
>>
>>2334001
it looks like i can see through her jaw and into her neck
>>
>>2334001
why is everything so angular? her ears are pointing too high. here neck is too thin and doesn't connect to the head in an anatomically correct way.
>>
You need to draw and paint from life and do master studies. Plus that tumblr artist already has a million clones, develop your own art.
>>
>>2334038
oh good, so I wasn't the only one who immediately thought about her when I saw this.

OP, there are better artists to emulate.
>>
I suppose this is only indirectly related to the op, but why do so many girls prefer that kind of aesthetic? I don't mean to be offensive, but to me it's very off-putting, because it enters some kind of weird, gender-based uncanny valley.

They mix traditional masculine features like a strong jawline, defined muscles and bones, and thick eyebrows, while the eyes, lips and poses tend to be feminine or effeminate.
It seems to be extremely common among female artists in almost every type of fandom, as if they have some inherent attraction to an unspecified gender or weird skinny men who essentially act and think like women.

You'll find the same in thebishounen/yaoi fandom. You might as well swap the characters out for a lesbians, or in the case of the uke/seme bullshit, a straight couple.
It also transfers to modern pop culture, where most popular male artists or boy bands are very feminine. It seems universal, whether it's in the US, Germany, Japan or Korea.
>>
>>2334001
Kill yourself.
>>
>>2334038
>>2334535
>>2336562
which artist?
>>
>>2336642
She's called pheberoni on DeviantArt and imo is pretty good. She doesn't seem to do anything other than fanart portraits which is annoying but whatever its her thing so.

Pic related.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.