[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So a couple weeks ago I made a thread asking about an owl-gnome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 20151227_002824.jpg (783 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20151227_002824.jpg
783 KB, 2560x1440
So a couple weeks ago I made a thread asking about an owl-gnome that I wanted to make my girlfriend for Christmas. She's flying home tomorrow and I just put this in the oven to cure. How did I do?

Phone camera is ass and I haven't used sculpey clay since middle school, pls no bully.
>>
>>2328600
I think she'll think it's cute and like it because you made it for her.
>>
>>2328601
>I think she'll think
So you think it's garbage huh
Should I scrap it and start over
>>
>>2328603
If you want. It's not great but it's not garbage. It just looks a little kiddish. For example there's a lot of empty space on his chest and on the base. Try making the base smaller and making the mushroom bigger or even adding 2 more mushrooms of varying sizes.
Starting over might be a good idea actually, personally whenever I start over on something my second one is always, always way better. Good luck!
>>
>>2328603
Also since you're using sculpey you could actually leave some spots uncolored like his eyes and paint them on after firing, because otherwise the normally flat things are raised (like pupils, spots on the mushroom etc). If you're making a new one you can practice on the old one you made. Another thing you could try that I've been doing lately is putting a glaze over things like the eyes to give them a shine, or even glazing a puppy's nose to give it the appearance of being wet for example. You know, just get creative with it. Like I said though she'll like it either way unless she's just an ungrateful person.
>>
Dang OP, too late to add some texture to the grass too? Could've taken a toothbrush to the base/grass for the lazy route or used this (look under grass)
http://www.worth1000.com/tutorials/162698/making-a-clay-figurine
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.