[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a reason to use photoshop when painting programs like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: bg.gif (775 KB, 398x398) Image search: [Google]
bg.gif
775 KB, 398x398
Is there a reason to use photoshop when painting programs like krita are around?
>>
Nope
>>
>>2327316
/thread
>>
>>2327314
photoshop's more powerful and has a lot more features but i'd love to see krita become more competitive, it's a fantastic concept. if devs who knew what they were doing came together im sure they could greatly advance krita in a few years
>>
>>2327360

krita devs are already doing a better job than say GIMP. they are on our side at least
>>
>>2327314
ye, it's better.
>>
has someone found a way to make SAI work on mac yet (besides bootcamp)
>>
I tested it here, so, it doesn't even have a navigator?

That's a pretty standard feature that any half assed art program has, see you picture as a whole is really important and keep zooming out is just counter productive.
>>
>>2327817
Settings->Dockers->Overview
>>
>>2327843
Nice. I would never find it since I was looking in Window ou View menus.
>>
I don't know, really considering getting Paint Tool SAI because Krita just randomly fucks up on me, especially when I use my tablet.
It will just stop allowing me to draw on one file outright at random times, regardless of if I'm using a tablet or a mouse or what and I'll have to make a new file. Sometimes that fixes things and lets me go back to the old file and draw, and sometimes it just makes it spaz the fuck out and I have to close it.
Anybody had anything like that happen to them with Krita?
>>
>>2328424
Paint tool sai is the best, stabilization rocks
>>2327314
Photoshop with the photo edition characteristics allows to edit some things easier, but for painting/drawing i think is better sai
>>
>>2329458
no painting belongs on ps. sai is too lightweight for painting. the only good thing about sai is just the pressure handling it has because ps doesnt support pressure curves, which is great for inking and linework.
>>
Where the fuck is the basic hard round brush in Krita?
>>
So what exactly is Krita offering that PS doesn't? PS has a very extensive brush building system and with addons like Lazy Nezumi you get access to pressure curves and stabilizers and whatever you want, really. Not to mention it's customizable as hell.
>>
>>2330351
absolutely nothing. that is, implying you don't actually pay for PS. if you do you should kill yourself and use sai instead.
>>
>>2330351

i like open source shit therefore i like krita
>>
>>2330351
Krita has a built in stabilizer.
>>
>>2330829
Photoshop is really awful as a drawing tool, but it doesn't really matter when painting.
>>
Krita is a fantastic program HOWEVER the default brushes are terrible. Does anyone have any good alternatives lying around? All I want is a Hard Round, Soft Round and Hard Square that change size with pressure sensitivity ffs. 99% of the brushes Krita comes with are absolutely worthless.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.