[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /ic/ I just wanted to ask a more personal question So
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: Gesture-Drawing-1.jpg (186 KB, 1257x636) Image search: [Google]
Gesture-Drawing-1.jpg
186 KB, 1257x636
Hello /ic/ I just wanted to ask a more personal question

So I am not a complete novice when it comes to art. I can draw things (However shitty it may be) but it's not horrible to the point where people would think a toddler drew it.

With that in mind. I have no sort of formal knowledge of the arts and I've kinda just been winging it for a long time now.

So my question is where should I start if I want a more concrete foundation and how DO I start rather?

Should I go all the way back to the beginning and grab a piece of paper and learn basic shapes? Or should I try to tackle anatomy?

How does one start to gesture draw? I've asked around and it seems like people tend to just start drawing until they get the hang of it with no real direction which is a bit confusing to me.

(Also this is one of my first times posting on 4chan in general)
>>
>>2325532
Did you do that in the pic?
If not, show us some of your work.
For gestures, Hampton's analytical figure drawoig course would be good
>>
File: gdfgd.png (198 KB, 339x671) Image search: [Google]
gdfgd.png
198 KB, 339x671
>>2325533
I could only wish that that was my work.
Unfortunately mine is much more lacking and far in need of improvement. Stiff bodies and wonky anatomy.

I want to expand on what I can do, but I feel so directionless. I want to know where to start or how to start, or what it feels like when I have started. I also want to know if the feelings I have of confusion or lack of direction is normal.
>>
>>2325536
Yknow I gave you some advice already
>Hampton's analytical figure drawing
>>
For a start, Study the Vilppu Drawing Manual, and grind the Peter Han Dynamic Sketching course. I would also recommend watching these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX0MrnzBJ8M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Vy3vD-RPg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKfsZaNrmzM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWErCqnYC0Q

There is tons of invaluable information and inspiration to be had from watching those. I frequently rewatch them.
>>
>>2325683
Oh, and study Hampton's Analytical Figure Drawing. I don't like how he teaches gesture, but his construction, anatomy, and rendering are really great.
>>
>>2325689
>>2325655
I thank you both! Also I am just trying to get multiple angles here. Could never have too little advice.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.