[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a glib facsimile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: bravo lucas.jpg (686 KB, 2370x694) Image search: [Google]
bravo lucas.jpg
686 KB, 2370x694
>a glib facsimile
>>
>>2324801
I recently rewatched Star Wars and saw the same similarities. But I suppose there are only so many different ways to show a parade. Probably coincidence. And if not, who cares.
>>
>>2324807
>Probably coincidence. And if not, who cares

prequelcucks, everyone.
>>
>literally the only similarity is the presence of an arch

Kill yourself, my man
>>
>>2324801
You can't be fucking serious. The artist who designed that shot for the movie obviously heavily referenced the architecture from somewhere, as is his job, but the Gurney painting on the left looks not even remotely alike.
>>
>>2324801
this is the most retarded shit i've seen ever

bretty good b8
>>
>>2324821
>i'm a blind retard on an imageboard!
>>2324829
If you look close enough there are similarities all over the place as well as the overall composition. It's the exact same except for scale and other superficial differences. Admit it, Lucas is a hack.
>>
>>2324854
How else would you have composed a giant parade?
>>
>podracing was stolen from syd mead's giant robot dog race painting
>>
>>2324854
What the fuck does George Lucas have to do with it? The shot was created by concept artists and cinematographers. Maybe one of the artists saw that Gurney painting and used it as very loose reference, but it's far more likely they used an actual real life photo as close reference. Just like Gurney did.

> It's the exact same except for scale and other superficial differences.

What is the exact same? The composition is a typical cinematic wide shot reading left to right. The perspective, scale, architecture, color scheme and lighting is different. What else is there left? The buildings are both made of stone and there's an arch
>>
>>2324933
Not to mention the angle is different. Op is a blind retarded fag with a weak little baby dick rotfl
>>
>>2324854

>Admit it, Lucas is a hack.

Lucas is a hack, and that of all things isn't why.

Even if he stole the composition, I fucking wish that was the worst of the prequels' problems.
>>
File: PsCU4J3Pe1Quz4TIRPfCMQ.jpg (125 KB, 846x587) Image search: [Google]
PsCU4J3Pe1Quz4TIRPfCMQ.jpg
125 KB, 846x587
>>2324801
>>
>>2324801
ever heard of ROME? lots of things take inspiration from it.
>>
>verry original composition hurrr
>Lucas is a hack
/tv/ retard pls
>>
>>2324801
yes
>>
File: Aliens.jpg (11 KB, 304x234) Image search: [Google]
Aliens.jpg
11 KB, 304x234
>>2324957
There can only be on explanation for so many similar images...
>>
hmmmmmmmmmmm it looks to me like Gurney stole the concept of 'a drawing of an arch' from Antonio Joli.
>>
File: cleopatra.jpg (156 KB, 550x231) Image search: [Google]
cleopatra.jpg
156 KB, 550x231
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-dspv6LJHM
>>
TIL it's okay to copy as long as you change things around superficially.
>>
>>2324801

You are an idiot
>>
>>2324960
Well, Lucas is actually a hack. Not necessarily for the composition of this scene, but still.
>>
>>2325039
Nice!
>>
>>2324801
Actually, James Gurney worked with Lucas on TPM and helped him design Naboo, so it's not as much stolen as it is given.
>>
>>2324801
I'm pretty sure parades/armies through a giant arch is a common trope throughout different genres
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.