[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can only draw decent looking forms if I chicken scratch, it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: p_anne-chicken_1661204b.jpg (42 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
p_anne-chicken_1661204b.jpg
42 KB, 620x388
I can only draw decent looking forms if I chicken scratch, it's even worse when I try to use a tablet.
How do we break this terrible habit?
>>
>>2322036
start drawing in pen. it'll force you to make your lines count if you dont want it to look bad, also understanding what your drawing helps you do it in less tries.

it may not be for everyone but check out peter han's dynamic sketching.
>>
Create a light under-drawing so you're confident when you're doing your actual lines.

As long as you're going really light a little bit of chicken scratching in the lay in isn't a huge deal.

The more you understand the forms and the better your control of your pencil the more confident you'll be with lines, too.
>>
File: 1440783684479.jpg (68 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
1440783684479.jpg
68 KB, 500x396
>>2322036
your magic pill does not exist dude, you have to practice, feel it and over time mileage and confidence will make it easy..but you know this, don't you?..yeah you do even if you pretend you don't, because somewhere inside the deepest clouds of your mind you know you're afraid just like all of us once were.
>>
>>2322046
Actually I was just asking for some good exercises or videos I could watch.
Like what >>2322037
and >>2322042
provided.
>>
>>2322036
Look up Peter Hans drawing tutorials. Although most are traditional only, the exercises are very helpful and will also effect your way you draw with a tablet.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.