[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question about practical application of 1 point perspective.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: DSC_0038.jpg (390 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0038.jpg
390 KB, 1024x681
I have a question about practical application of 1 point perspective.

For example im drawing legs. One foot is slightly forward towards vanishing point. Hence i need to draw it with perspective convergence.

I can think of two methods.
Method 1. I project the front leg on lines connecting front leg and VP.
Th resulted rectangular i measure with pen and then through parallel lines 'move' to the side.

Method 2.
I start by creating big rectangular. I split it in two parts by intersecting diagonals. In second part i draw my front leg.
First part i project towards VP and inside projected rectangular build second leg.

Are there any better short cuts?
>>
File: DSC_0042.jpg (378 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0042.jpg
378 KB, 1024x681
and a method 2
>>
Please guys I cant proceed with my studies unless I resolve this.
>>
Oh cmon.
>>
Just do what looks better. Stop relying on other people to do the thinking for you
>>
>>2320814
blog?
>>
>>2320915
What the fuck? Why the rebuttal? Asking for advice is considered a flaw now?

For the likes of you - I THOUGHT OF SOMETHING ALDREADY before posting. I MADE FUCKING PICTURES OF IT EVEN.

And here you come and say 'stop relying on other people', like i did zero effort.

What a moron.
>>
>>2320936
jesus christ, mate calm down
>>
File: wow perspective.png (118 KB, 2750x2266) Image search: [Google]
wow perspective.png
118 KB, 2750x2266
>>2320814
Not 100% sure what you're asking here. You could draw 2 flat squares in perspective using a 45degree VP and then transfer the shape (base of the leg) onto the squares.

If you don't wanna move your second square all the way behind your first just take your first squares width at the point you want to start your second square, shift it to the left or right, and use your 1 point vp to find the edge of the square and the 45deg vp to find it's diagonal.

See image
>>
>>2320936
If you're that desperate for advice have you tried observational drawing if the other methods aren't working?
>>
>>2320814
wtf am i looking at
>>
>>2320947
This is interesting but still overcomplicated.
>>
>>2320964
A picture in 1p perspective where line is first projected few steps towards VP and then moved to the side with parallel lines.
>>
File: 138755069655.png (38 KB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
138755069655.png
38 KB, 200x160
>>2320972
Sorry anon I'm more confused than you, I wish I could help
>>
>>2320972
for what purpose

>>2320970
it really isn't
>>
>>2320970
How so?

I'm really not sure what you're looking for. If you want to do accurate perspective there are no shorthands. You either do it right until it comes naturally, and you start doing accurate estimations, or do the construction.

As it stands my example is as simple as it gets, draw a square to find the 45deg vp and use that to draw whatever square you need in perspective. To avoid distortion make sure the square isn't too close to the horizon line.

You don't need to draw out every single, I just did so so the proccess would be clear.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.