[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dont undertand /ic/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 19
File: Screenshot_13.png (293 KB, 878x741) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_13.png
293 KB, 878x741
at first, sorry for my bad english.

Hi, im "join" /ic/ cause i want to become better on draw, i found very good threats with books, references and shit like that but i don understand something.

why when somebody is good at art the other people just try in a desesperate way to found "bad things" about the draws of that good artist?

why people here still talkin shit about become an artist when they dont share or post they "art"?

for fuck sake, why is the reason of "study" artist when u cant do a full body draw whitout big mistakes (bad proportions and shit like that)

dont missunderstandme, i found a great artist here, and desu i feel a bit envy cause i want to reach they level but i think people here dont come with the same porpose, they just come here with "hur dur i failed at art and u have to fail too cause i failed" actitude.

pic related, i do this based on tutorials, post and books posted here. also, rate.
>>
>>2320163
The nipple looks a little flat, like it was a drawing on the skin instead of a 3D object.
>>
Don't draw shantae pale.
She needs to be delicious brown.

And please don't draw her with a dick. She is pure.
>>
this board is for artwork and critique. not artwork and praise. No one should be here to get rated, but to improve. compliments dont help you improve, though they do motivate. Pointing out flaws gives you direction to improve.
>>
>>2320172
i know that, later i use a clipped layer yo change the color.
>>
File: sd.jpg (557 KB, 2048x601) Image search: [Google]
sd.jpg
557 KB, 2048x601
>>2320163
Everyone here is bitter and I don't know why, anon.

I've been here for little under a year and I still don't know why.

Which is weird because my homeboard, /fit/, is also about "making it" and even they're not this bitter.

It's weird seeing my homeboard build people up while I see the contrast at /ic/.

I see a whole lot of people, better than me, be angry, bitter, distant. /ic/, by far, is the angriest board I've been to and I don't know why.
>>
File: aryan.jpg (432 KB, 618x1000) Image search: [Google]
aryan.jpg
432 KB, 618x1000
>>2320172
This to be honest family. Shantae is a 1488% indo-aryan princess
>>
Eats bcuz everon is so tough guys and no so much.

(Okay I will stop writing in bad English)

Some people know a lot about art in certain approach or style, such as realism, but their minds aren't open to styles other than those they are familiar with or knowledgeable about.

I used to be sorta like them. I used to think that striving for realism was the finest aim in art and couldn't understand more abstract and expressionist works. I used to talk down about Picasso. I was plain ignorant.

You nailed it with the bad English and all the characteristics of a mean and angry /ic/ expert-san.

But don't lose hope. Keep trying, share your art, and stay. My art has gotten better in some ways because of the criticisms and opinions I've received here. I appreciate it, and you will too some day.
>>
>>2320171
thanks anon, im workin on that later.

>>2320173
i know your point, but u only answer 1 of my questions.
>>
>>2320163
>why when somebody is good at art the other people just try in a desesperate way to found "bad things" about the draws of that good artist?

The is no way to improve other than looking at your mistakes, the same applies to when helping people to improve, the only problem is that /ic frequently crosses the visible line between productive criticism and trolling.
>>
File: levels.jpg (71 KB, 684x800) Image search: [Google]
levels.jpg
71 KB, 684x800
>>2320163
top notch shading.
congrats!
i really wish to shade like that someday but it's too late for me...
>>
>>2320178
>my art has gotten better

WHERE
IS
YOUR
"ART"
>>
>>2320184
shit, why people still sayin things like this? u gona lost your hands the next year or what? jesus christ.
>>
File: Two Sisters 06 - small.jpg (216 KB, 948x1423) Image search: [Google]
Two Sisters 06 - small.jpg
216 KB, 948x1423
>>2320185
Here is one of my artworks
>>
>>2320193
i like it. how you call this? i mean the style... all those chinese cartoons ruined my life.
>>
>>2320196
Thank you. The title is 'Two Sisters'

The style doesn't have a particular name. It has rich texture and color via impasto
>>
>>2320163
The same reason that you don't need to be a master chef to know when your food sucks. If something looks wrong then its wrong. You don't need to be able to do it right yourself to know that.

Also you should probably post an example of what you mean, most of the stuff ive seen here has been fine criticism
>>
>>2320200
>>2320193
pls be my gf
>>
File: wei-feng-.jpg (382 KB, 1200x1656) Image search: [Google]
wei-feng-.jpg
382 KB, 1200x1656
>>2320176
imho it's because gitting gud is actually pretty fucking hard in arts
you can hit the gym, not think about anything other than your training and still make it if you're "strong" enough to keep at it

if you want to git gud as an artist, you have to constantly think about arts, grinding anatomy, perspective, gestures, shadows, colors, values, rendering.. and practice for an eternity

I rarely post my work, but I never got shit on, most of the time people actually help me out with major flaws .. the way it should work, you know?

I think most of the bitter, toxic ones are very bad at what they're doing and just want to bring you down
and there are the ones that don't want to share their position, the "big boys" that look down and shit on you erryday
I'm glad I found a community that actually puts skill over "meaning" or "interpretation", most of my university-colleagues just doodle in their freetime, party everyday and discuss the meaning of paintdrops on a white canvas all day..
or to sum things up

>the way to the top is hard and troublesome, and everyone wants to be the first to make it
>>
File: Green Frog Lady 07 - small.jpg (246 KB, 973x1219) Image search: [Google]
Green Frog Lady 07 - small.jpg
246 KB, 973x1219
>>2320206
I am a guy who likes drawing girls.
>>
>>2320221

Do all your girls look like really stoned asians?
>>
File: Her Garden 002 - small.jpg (2 MB, 978x1181) Image search: [Google]
Her Garden 002 - small.jpg
2 MB, 978x1181
>>2320224
Yes, haha.
>>
>>2320163
post the great artist you found here ? also nice smooth shading, but your nipple looks too flat.
>>
File: 1449365581276.jpg (460 KB, 980x687) Image search: [Google]
1449365581276.jpg
460 KB, 980x687
>>2320229
this one.
>>
>>2320163
wtf is happening with your drawing? how can you go from a shit sketch to a decent anatomy and lining? How are you cheating?
>>
File: Screenshot_17.png (68 KB, 388x505) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_17.png
68 KB, 388x505
>>2320233
first you need to instal gentoo.
>>
>>2320233
He's got talent.
>>
File: 123129910.png (135 KB, 336x306) Image search: [Google]
123129910.png
135 KB, 336x306
>>2320238
t-thanks anon, but i think is more a thing of practice.

i just made the shit sketch cause i need a "guide", i do the sketch, then i do a rough lineart and then i paint in the same layer that the lineart, u can notice that in the right arm.
>>
>>2320233

Some people just do a bad sketch as a guide and then refine at the painting stage.
>>
>>2320246
i mean even the hand shows a complete lack of understanding....
>>
>>2320211
getting gud is easy if you actually enjoy getting gud
>>
>>2320231
I remember that one, it's really good
but maybe the girl's anatomy is a bit off?
>>
>>2320173
>this board is for artwork and critique. not artwork and praise.
>>2320181
>The is no way to improve other than looking at your mistakes,
This behavior may be a subconcious relic from your high-school days.
Ponting out mistakes is not critique. Art critique seeks to analize all aspects of a work of art, praise the successful ones and advice on ways to improve on the unsuccessful ones.

/ic/ doesn't praise or offer meaningful, concise advice. That's why people don't improove in here.
>>
>>2320254
It really doesn't.
>>
>>2320376
2 segments per fingers with the first segment being constantly smaller, keeps drawing stab fingers. It really does.
>>
>>2320382
You can draw a perfectly fine hand relative to the art style based off that doodle. If you actually know how to draw hands and don't neet to trace/eyeball them.
>>
>>2320254
>>2320382
If it makes you feel better anon I'm suspicious too, but it's really hard to pinpoint a good reason. I think this is one of those "pick your battle" moments.
>>
>>2320398
other things that get me suspicious:
chicken scratch, terrible face anatomy (classic beginner huge eyes) ears of different sizes.

WAIT

I THINK I JUST CRACKED THE CODE. He's photobashing someone eleses rendering, but heres the catch, its not the same view, which explains why the tit is off.
>>
>>2320426
Or he knows how to paint but doesn't know how to draw.
Which is much more common than you would think.

And that nipple looks like a placeholder.
>>
>>2320432
Your nipple looks like a placeholder.
>>
>>2320432
>a placeholder
They put in the little bumps on the areola and did all that soft highlight area, seems like a lot of refining for a placeholder. I think if anything he just heavily relied on a reference for the body and rendering while applying an anime face, and that's why there's no apparent construction in the guideline. Either way I still say this probably isn't a battle worth fighting.
>>
Most people on /ic/ have pretty fragile egos and feel the need to validate their own skill level by being able to see flaws in better (or even worse) artist's work.
>>
File: china aka change.png (76 KB, 558x266) Image search: [Google]
china aka change.png
76 KB, 558x266
i'll post mine here

since people are talking about nipples
I will post my drawing of nipples

I dont know to stay anonymous, wouldn't you need to hide your work ?
>>
>>2320446
I didn't understand a word of this. Am I too sleepy or is it as crazy as I think?
>>
>>2320163
>why when somebody is good at art the other people just try in a desesperate way to found "bad things" about the draws of that good artist?
>why people here still talkin shit about become an artist when they dont share or post they "art"?
>for fuck sake, why is the reason of "study" artist when u cant do a full body draw whitout big mistakes (bad proportions and shit like that)

Start a new forum or join another one.
>>
test
>>
>>2320163
/ic/ is a spiraling dogshit trench. That's the beauty of this place. If you are an experienced artist, this isn't the place for you. When you reach a skill level where people start shit talking your art even though it's clearly aesthetically pleasing. That's when you have graduated /ic/ and you leave this place. There's nothing more to get from this place.

If you are taking your first steps in the spiraling dogshit trench, then this place is awesome.
>>
>>2320221
Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me, i ain't the sharpest tool in the shed....
>>
you will only find what you're looking for
>>
>>2320504
I'm a well established illustrator and I browse /ic for the lulz :D, believe it or not sometimes something useful gets posted in a while.
Since someone is gonna shout 'POST WORK FAGGOT' at me for this post, imma go ahead and say no ty - im not crazy rofl.
>>
>>2320375
>>/ic/ doesn't praise or offer meaningful, concise advice. That's why people don't improove in here

Speak for yourself.
>>
>>2320193

Try adding a little water to your paint sometime...
>>
>>2320231

This is awful, it's literally just a montage of photographs painted over.
>>
>>2320584

Post work.
>>
>>2320588

There are people on this board that will call fucking anything awful.
>>
>>2320163
because finding and improving flaws is the path to helping the artist improve, whether they agree or not.
Sometimes people are wrong and other times they are right, giving opinions can not harm you, only help you form your own.

Ignoring flaws leads only to exaggerated delusions and no improvement.

Don't forget that evolution requires death
>>
>>2320604

There are an equal amount that will defend absolute shit.
>>
>>2320375
This.
>>
>>2320190
>shit, why people still sayin things like this? u gona lost your hands the next year or what? jesus christ.
Op your english is very cute,and you're funny!
>>
This board is full of morons.

You won't learn anything here that you can't get from the art section of a bookstore.

It's all jargon and buzzwords substituting real understanding. Study and practice is the only way to progress and improve.

Buy some books on perspective, anatomy, color theory. Look at drawings and paintings you like , copy them. Try and figure out how they work, how the paint is applied and how to replicate it and take those lessons into your own work.

Keep doing it over and over again until you are producing high quality results.
>>
>>2320636
>this board is full of morons, except for me, I'm smart
>here, this is the most basic advice contained in the sticky, but dont listen to that, it was made by morons, for morons.
>im so smart that technical information confuses me, so I just call it jargon and buzzwords
>>
>>2320638

Here's one of those morons now.

>Projecting your insecurities
>The same advice that's been available and repeated everywhere for decades. Great, someone was able to copy the info already freely available from their books into a blog post, making this board (apart from literally one stickied post) useless.
>I'm so insecure that when someone insults my reliance on terminology over having actual skills I have to get defensive
>>
>>2320648
>refusing to use technology
I bet you go potty outside too, because toilet is "too high tech" for you.
>>
>>2320648
>accusing people of using buzzwords
>using muh projection
>using it incorrectly, at that
>using it while simultaneously accusing someone else of being insecure

please continue anon
>>
>>2320254
>>2320398
>>2320426
>>2320442
OP here, i do the lineart and that paint on livestream. today im gonna end the same draw cause some friends want to learn how to paint. if u want u can join us today.
>>
>>2320661
post stream pl0x
>>
>>2320667
https://picarto.tv/NEETNoodles

im not streaming right now, wait about 10-30 minutes.
>>
Holy fuck OP your English is so broken I can't understand. Go back to school.
>>
File: PicardWTF.jpg (6 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
PicardWTF.jpg
6 KB, 251x251
>>2320654

>accuses someone of refusing to use technology
>while arguing with them online
>mfw
>>
>>2320670
im online anons

>>2320691
english isnt my mother...language(?
>>
>>2320658

>rather spend time arguing than drawing
>proves anons point about this board
>>
>>2320163
Welcome to /ic/, enjoy the shitposting and the retarded memes.

Just take all fucking books you can and ignore 90% of the shitpost.
>>
>>2320713
>english isnt my mother...language(?
Nobody cares. Just learn it better.
>>
>>2320615
post your example of great art then. This is exactly why I stopped posting here. Almost no actual critique, just you mouth-breathers shitting on everything for the fun of it. It's rather boring.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (165 KB, 550x726) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
165 KB, 550x726
>>2320163
nobody come to the stream ; __;
>>
File: buffer.png (259 KB, 524x717) Image search: [Google]
buffer.png
259 KB, 524x717
>>2320591
not him but that was completely unrelated to the point
Besides I help people all the time by redlining (1 every 3 days or so) so hes right. Some people do get help.
>>2320661
>>2320819
Bro,
I found your facebook page and you truly are bad, I missed your stream by 9 minutes. Im really interested to see how youre cheating

For those who wont google it, heres a work that was done less than 20 days ago, clearly this guy is a hack, im not sure how hes doing it though.
>>
File: tumblr_n5if7dUrg71qd42nao1_1280.jpg (235 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5if7dUrg71qd42nao1_1280.jpg
235 KB, 1280x721
>>2320775

>Everyone who doesn't like what I like is a mouth breather.

I wasn't shitting on it for the fun of it. While this board definitely has its share of that, I think what you posted is a genuinely bad piece of artwork.

Each element, the fish the people, fire canteen and the BG look like seperate cutouts. Some parts of the image look close to photo-realism, while others looks like scrappy loose concept art and then some parts are cartoonish with black outlines, nothing in the image meshes together. It's also all an obvious paintover of different photo's. It's flat with very ambient lighting and doesn't even seem sure of where its light source is.

There's so many examples to chose from it's hard to know where to start. Here's a pic I saved recently that I think is truly inspiring and beautiful.
>>
File: scale.jpg (98 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
scale.jpg
98 KB, 720x960
>>2320831
to give you guys a sense of scale ( 2nd december) this guy cant even draw from reference.
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (166 KB, 417x603) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
166 KB, 417x603
>>2320831
bro, actually i cand perfectly do a realistic face, the point of the santae and the last draw that i made ON LIVESTREAM is cause i was searching a fresh style.

the "comic" shit that i post on tumblr giveme cancer already but this one (pic related) takeme a lot of time, i was searching for a new style, that pick that u post is just a practice searching that.

anyway this is the point of my original post, u dont want a person who become better in a few days cause u cant have that progress in years.
>>
>>2320852
its quite frankly laughable to you arent aware that this is equally bad

ill overlook everything and stop going after you if you just tell me how you cheated because im legitimately curious.
>>
>>2320852
>claiming you became better in a few days when theres a void of improvement ( by comparison) if you go back in time
>>
File: Screenshot_4.png (426 KB, 478x607) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.png
426 KB, 478x607
>>2320847
LMAO, u even read the description of that? i do that shit a years ago. in that time i only draw chinese cartoons and shit.

>>2320862
well anon if make u feel better, yes i cheat, i just skip the 3 years that u waste learning something and then u left cause u are bad.

and this just prove my point, u spend time arguin shit about me than drawing.
>>
>>2320863
>impliyin im claming i reach a "god" level
>impliyin i reffers to me when i say "person who become better"
>>
I'm not entirely sure if this entire thread is thee most ingenious bait ever either way I replied

mmmm x-mas the most wonderful time of the year
>>
>>2320737
>implying you have to spend the whole day drawing
>implying the first fag isnt equally as guilty
>criticizing people on /ic/ while simultaneously being on /ic/

kek, classic

inb4

>b-but i only go on once in a while
>>
>>2321150

>green text
>yet more green text
>even more of that old green text
>>
>>2321156
>imblygin imblygations
>>
>>2320870
YOUVE BEEN DRAWING FOR 7 YEARS AND YOU THINK YOUR GAINS ARE GOOD HOLY FUCK.
>>
>>2320163
D/ic/ks can be pretty blind to obvious problems, take the "Read the Sticky" for example, it took years to get an half decent one, people were more busy bashing newbies and beginners than actually get the regular questions answers and guides into the sticky, not to begin with people drawing anything else beside realistic. Dedicated Beginner, Alternative Stylization and Question threads are actually somewhat new contrary the age of this subboard. While we got a lot of things settled for the Artwork part, the Critique part lies bare as it is for years, we probaly would need a "how to critque" part in the Sticky pretty badly.
Someone once said here "You aint going to get a lot useful critique around here, the good ones are rare and busy getting better, but everyone can move forward with no effort and yell this is shit."
>>
>>2320840
not the one who posted it, but alright I see your point. Just frustrating dealing with a lack of actual criticism.
>>
>>2320711
kek
>>
Jesus fucking christ, you fucking people...
>>
>>2320176
>/ic/, by far, is the angriest board I've been to and I don't know why.
Ever been to /a/?

>hey guys I like
>FUCK YOU
>hey guys I thought
>FUCK OFF
>>
>>2324323
its because /fit/ is trying to improve their lives and forcing themselves to socialize and eat healthy.

/ic/ focuses on improving their art and doesnt give a shit about their shitty shitty lives so they neglect things like food and sunlight.

how is this not obvious.

>Select all images with sandwiches
>>
>>2320172
>don't draw her with a dick
>stop drawing what I don't like!
>>
>that english
We point mistakes so you git gud or git out
/threaT
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.