[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So there's this guy I met in passing that thinks hes pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 18
File: luffy1_by_theupbringer-d9govhg.png (157 KB, 800x1100) Image search: [Google]
luffy1_by_theupbringer-d9govhg.png
157 KB, 800x1100
So there's this guy I met in passing that thinks hes pretty good at art but in reality he's pretty bad. He would also ignore art advice for some unknown retarded reason.

What do you guys think about his art?

personally the first thing that draws my attention is his terrible coloring. flat and pale.
>>
Everything is wrong with this.The coloring is really flat and the anatomy is...way off...
>>
I dunno, I see where he needs to improve, but it isn't THAT bad.
>>
Man's right eye is tippy toeing off of his head.
>>
Let the kid be delusional, at least he's happy.
>>
I also forgot to mention that he's kinda a sonic fag.
>>
File: 951.gif (65 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
951.gif
65 KB, 400x296
>>2319183
People like you are the exact reason why some artists never improve.
>>
>>2319188
Some people are hopeless.
>>
The guy is clearly not great but why do you have to be so salty, man? Projecting something?
>>
>>2319190
I'm okay with him but from what i heard he's a bit of a retard. Rejecting advice and even thinking hes better then other people when he's clearly not.

so yeah, It isn't that he's bad that bothers me, it's the fact that he ignores advice and thinks his better then he actually is.
>>
>>2319188
I agree that encouraging development is always good, but just plain bashing?
"Lol look at this guy he thinks he is hotshit, lets laugh at how bad he is" Whats the reason behind this thread? Theres nothing productive to come out for anyone of such a activity.
>>
>>2319190
I think his problem is with how people like that are just bullheaded and just claim its "muh style" when you try to help them.
I talked to someone similar who told me I was retarded for trying to learn from models instead of just copying anime shit.
Pic related.
>>
>>2319194
Sometimes you've gotta bash them so they realize they are shit. The man refuses to improve and has even gotten worse.

he's a blind man that needs his eyes to be opened to the truth.
>>
>>2319203
>Sometimes you've gotta bash them so they realize they are shit

Illastrat proves otherwise
>>
>>2319200
Yeah, and? Let them be. I agree with you and probably as most of /ic/ I follow the academic standarts for illustration, but why force someone who doesnt like classic music to like classic music? People like garbage music and thats fine. People like garbage art and thats fine. Hell, even you probably like garbage food lika pizza and shit and coussine experts who spend all their fucking day in the kitchen as we do in our studios are saying shit like "Why do people have such a garbage taste and are fine with it" while you eat your pizza and dont give a fuck.
>>
>>2319209
/thread
>>
>>2319209
Food is a necessity. Art isn't.
>>
>>2319209
this

not everyone wants to improve to a professional level

just leave them be
>>
>>2319209
It's fine to have garbage taste, but don't act as if that garbage preference isn't trash just because it's your opinion. Quality is a thing, it exists. His art isn't good. But he acts like it's better than it is.
>>
>>2319215
>But he acts like it's better than it is.
So what? Why should I care about him? Give me a good reason.
>>
This is one of his OLDER images, and it's way better than anything he's ever been able to produce since, so why insist on acting as if your worst is passable? There's a reason other than the fact that he's an asshole that no one follows this guy.
>>
reminds me of some shitty paintings i seen hanging up in a restaurant last saturday. Mom was telling me the artist believes herself to be great even tho the lighting and perspective were off in the paintings. Was also informed the artist isn't a "beginner" either even tho the art looked quite trivial.
>>
>>2319219
Say that to dobson, and he's famous.
>>
>>2319215
And why do care about this guy particulary? Did he steal your girlfriend? We here are all brothers, but you gotta stand up for yourself, anon. Dont come asking to trashtalk a guy you know so you can feel better about yourself, and if you do, at least have some subterfuge.
>>
>>2319224
I just know this guy, he's a hack. That's it.
Never took any of my advice, so I was done trying.
He isn't a great guy his head is too far up his ass.
But I'm not even the one who made this thread.
>>
File: ENDED WITH A EVIL LAUGH.jpg (435 KB, 978x954) Image search: [Google]
ENDED WITH A EVIL LAUGH.jpg
435 KB, 978x954
Who gives a fuck?

Just work on your art instead. That way you're improving and enjoying yourself at the same time.
>>
>>2319224
Nah, Like i said. I met him in passing and have only talked to him briefly. He's only an acquaintance. We have mutual friends, who've relayed stories about how retarded and stubborn he can be.

My intention of this thread was to see other peoples opinions on this dudes art. Also on how you would deal with people that refuse to get better even though they themselves want to without putting in any real effort.
>>
>>2319235

I think you can deal with this by minding your own business
>>
>>2319237
Undatakah, is that you? Sorry for making a thread about you man. It's just, you're kinda retarded man.
>>
>>2319240
Why do you think I'm him? I'm just telling you the truth, mind your own stuff and stop wasting time trying to raise a personal army to bash this guy
>>
>>2319173
This is very petty, you're both either very young or very autistic.
>>
>>2319244
I don't want an army of tards attacking him. I just wanted to start a conversation about his art and especially his unwillingness to actually put in effort to get better.

But hey, whatever.
>>
File: tumblr_lvd7ad2Fm11r058cd.jpg (14 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lvd7ad2Fm11r058cd.jpg
14 KB, 320x272
>>2319244
What is this, tumblr? Is critical discussion not allowed anywhere anymore?
>>
>>2319255
>critical discussion

Point one.
>>
If you faggots like him so much, hows about you show some support and go follow his accounts?
>>
>>2319263
I don't like him, I think he is a bad artist, that's it.
However I don't want to waste my time talking shit about him because who cares?
>>
Bullying one weeaboo retard because you're an angry weeaboo retard doesn't make you a better weeaboo retard. You aren't friends with the guy, hold animosity towards him, and feel like a big man making fun of him on the internet. He may be a shitty artist and dork but at least he isn't as low as you.
>>
File: 123678345468.png (136 KB, 1120x977) Image search: [Google]
123678345468.png
136 KB, 1120x977
OP is disappointed because we don't agree with him, nothing new here, I bet you expected us to join you
get the hell out of here and take your friend with you
>>
>>2319271
I didn't know you knew how much of a "great" person this guy is.
>>
File: 1446754364792.jpg (44 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1446754364792.jpg
44 KB, 320x240
>>2319276
Know but I know how much of a "shit" person you are. Stay mad kid it'll take you nowhere.
>>
I bet OP doesn't even draw him damn self but it help boost his self esteem to shit on that kid and the kick is he still won't draw.
>>
File: Al is pregnant.png (312 KB, 504x604) Image search: [Google]
Al is pregnant.png
312 KB, 504x604
>>2319282
Brah i got you man.
>>
>>2319173
blog?
>>
>>2319295
http://theupbringer.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/
https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkGomuGamer
Go crazy.
>>
>>2319321
thanks, i really like the art!
>>
File: harold-and-khumar-thumbs-up.gif (905 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
harold-and-khumar-thumbs-up.gif
905 KB, 120x120
>>2319326
>>
It's always fun to make fun of people, but it's pretty petty to make a thread asking people to insult someone or their work.
>>
>>2319321
Meh I've seen worse.
>>
>>2319366
It ain't the worst.
It'd be cool if he had an actual fan base and not just an invisible one.
>>
This thread is fucking retarded. OP came here asking for people to give opinions on this shit tier art, and instead he got a bunch of butthurt tumbltards who think all art is good.
>>
>>2319271
word

op grow up
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (43 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
43 KB, 640x496
>>2319391
>>
>>2319380
Nice try OP. People in general find salty vendettas pathetic. Had you just made a thread about bad art, then you might've gone at least half the response you were looking for.

>>2319359
also this
>>
Yea, OP. How dare you come to a critique board looking for criticism. You are the fucking scum of the Earth. How do you sleep at night?
>>
File: Fucking retard thinks it's me.png (59 KB, 1144x471) Image search: [Google]
Fucking retard thinks it's me.png
59 KB, 1144x471
>>2319398
Not me fuckboi.
>>
>>2319173
You sound like an asshole. Fuck you. His art may not be good but at least he isn't you.
>>
>>2319203
Then let him be blind. If he's happy making his art then let him. Not everyone cares to improve.
>>
>>2319255
Yeah dude. We're filled with niggers and cucks now, dontcha know?
>>
>>2319541
Don't say another Goddamn word. Up until now, I've been polite. If you say ANYTHING else - ONE word - I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the Master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fueled by my hatred for you this Fear Engine will bore a hole between this world and that one. When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming -as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of NOTHING will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark world will begin. I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
>>
File: bigbullyniisan.jpg (33 KB, 450x411) Image search: [Google]
bigbullyniisan.jpg
33 KB, 450x411
>>2319209
Pizza accomplishes the task of tasting good.
It's more like pic related, in that it did not take the time like a real detailed painting, but it still clearly represents an idea that appeals to me(it "tastes good" if you will).

Fine cuisine is more like Cam de Leon or 13 inches, and it takes more to appreciate it than it does for pic related.

Incidentally, like fine cuisine, most people don't seem to know or give a shit about these artists. Everyone's into that Stephanie Galaxy show or whatever it's called. I've heard talk sometimes too of those Taiwanese cartoons with the big tits.

>>2319173
This is more like a pizza that's half-cooked or doesn't have all the ingredients as a pizza, such that it is either no longer or pizza or does not taste like the shitty pizza that I know and love that is ruining my health.

This is not food; this is inedible.

That said:
The problem here isn't that the artist is bad; it's that the artist is bad but he's walking around saying that he's good.

You can't let an objectively terrible artist say that he/she is good.

There is an objective standard that should be upheld, and if nothing else: even if it's pizza, it still needs to taste good if I'm gonna eat it. Even if it's anime shit, it still needs to look nice if I'm gonna save it and look at it(maybe even fap to it).

This kid in OP is garbage and needs to get off his high horse and study. It would boil my fucking blood that you sp/ic/s don't agree, except that I'm sure a lot of you aren't as good as the OP image; I've looked through the drawthreads(can you believe there's more than one?), so I know. Of course you wouldn't agree it's bad if you yourself make the same mistakes and fall into the same pitfalls and are just as fucking terrible as the OP image.

I'll go back to drawing now, but I'm seriously just disheartened and depressed by the internet and all you fucking retards. You've got no brains and no balls.

>tl;dr fuck you /ic/
>>
>>2319595
do it feg
>>
>>2319188
if all artists would be good, that would mean they would also become bad. The good only exists in comparision with the bad
>>
>>2319603
Shut the fuck up HAHAHAHHA
>>
>>2319603
even /ic/ is mostly 14 year old normalfags from tumblr and reddit these days. in fact, they likely see your post and think "ugh, too long" and won't even read the tl;dr at the end. I mean, look at this well-thought-out response: >>2319636

clearly, we are dealing with superior minds.
>>
>>2319644
I can't believe you still wasting your time writing this shit, get the fuck out
>>
>>2319644
morbid curiosity got the better of me, but I know you're right.

I'm so syad.
>>
>>2319644
>>2319664

Post your work.
>>
>>2319603
>The problem here isn't that the artist is bad; it's that the artist is bad but he's walking around saying that he's good.
You're taking OP word for it.
>>
As a professional artist who occasionally lurks on /ic/, you guys are incredibly insecure and petty.

Unless you are a fan, who cares about other people's art? Who cares if they think they are good? You guys need to focus on bettering yourselves and putting down other people is a pointless endeavor.

There's some great talent on here but if you're as petty and a bully as OP, then I don't want to break it to you, but I don't think you'll get anywhere in life with art as your career.
>>
>>2319603
Holy shit, you have serious issues. You really need to sit down and take a look at your priorities in life man...
>>
>>2319213

It was an example but you can use it for fucking anything, you don't need to play dumb as if you don't get what he's alluding to.
Go to /mu/ and share your musical taste. I'm sure there are people who will tell you it's shit. Same with movies, or video games, or whatever. Go to /his/ and talk about your favorite historical subject and I'm sure someone will call your interests plebeian.
You'll always have people who are more proficient, enthusiastic or invested in a skill/study/subject matter that will shit on you over your preferences. Some people, with some subjects, just really don't give a shit and do what appeals to them because it feels good.
>>
File: b50.jpg (80 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
b50.jpg
80 KB, 472x472
>>2319603
Holy shit, this guy gets it.
>>
>>2319952
Yeah samefag, yeah, now do us a favor and leave
>>
>>2319970

The mentality of people who constantly cry samefag is interesting.

Do you genuinely think that more than one person couldn't possibly disagree with you or something?
>>
>>2319992
I don't even know what you're talking about, I'm here just to bait replies.
Thanks
>>
>>2319992
If you're not samefag, then congratulations on agreeing with someone who's very obviously high on the autistic spectrum... oh shit, I have some bad news for you, bud...
>>
File: EEEE.png (77 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
EEEE.png
77 KB, 512x512
>>2319173
It's HIS problem, senpai

I would understand your point if he actually had a following or would make some shekels with his crappy art, but he doesn't, he's just another stubborn manchild that will git gud
but as I said, that's his problem, not your's
>>
>>2320227
*will never git gud
>>
>>2320091
you goddamn faggots will never get it.
>>
>>2319173
blog?
>>
>>2319173
You think that's bad? Check out what I just found on facebook.
>>
Oh look, it's an other thread where /ic/ circlejerks on how they have a better work ethic and attitude to art than some retarded kid who likes cartoons and games.

Go do your endless copying of photographs in the study thread, kek.
>>
File: 1151.jpg (7 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
1151.jpg
7 KB, 229x220
>>2319209
>why can't everyone be mediocre
Yeah, you may like pizza, but if you don't taste other things shit aint going to get any better.

It's not about the things that you like, but the things you are denying to yourself.

Also, what is the point of drawing if you are going to be shit at it.
>>
>>2319209
It's not that it's animu, it's that it's really bad animu. it's like eating an under-cooked pizza.
>>
>>2319655
Can you please stop being a millennial?
>>
>>2322443

You do realize that dA is literally facebook with drawing right?
>>
>>2322408
This isn't that bad. It's more along the lines of mediocre.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.