[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you prefer to draw with?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1450219403978-61130893.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
1450219403978-61130893.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
I've only been at it for about a month and a half and am interested in exploring new techniques. So what do you use?
>>
I'm still working with number 2 pencils. They actually feel pretty good to draw with if you sharpen them manually with a safety edge razor or a paper cutter
>>
Pencils suck, the value range is minimal and colour is where it's at.

Watercolour/oils mainly. Minor Ink wash jazz. Oil pastel if I need to be mobile.
>>
nice pens and mechanical pencils only. i can't stand wood pencils
>>
>>2316934
I like tombows and the old derwents
>>
>>2316934
I use very soft pencils for the sketches and I finish my drawings usually with thin point sharpies.
>>
I really really like ballpoint
>>
op please buy a set of graphite pencils, maybe charcoal if you're adventurous
>>
>>2316934
4B pencil 90% of the time. Occasionally add in 0,5 pen, and a mechanical pencil with 2B or HB.
>>
I love working with super soft materials, like charcoals or soft graphite pencils. It allows me to get much smoother and bolder lines.
>>
Pigma Micron pens..... best pen ive ever used. the .25mm, .35mm, and .45mm
>>
I use a col-ease scarlet red pencil to draw in. Don't erase nothing. sketch out the finished piece. Erase lines ONLY if they're a hinder to the coloring. Bust out markers. Color.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (17 KB, 800x90) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
17 KB, 800x90
CLUTCH
L
U
T
C
H
>>
File: 1450161333347.png (40 KB, 392x200) Image search: [Google]
1450161333347.png
40 KB, 392x200
>>2317622
Hate sharpening all the time.
>>
>>2316934
Conte Crayons man. Its like the perfect mix between charcoal and graphite. You get those rich black lines without the super smudgy coal dust getting everywhere.
>>
>>2316934
2B, but I haven't tried any other of the 3to8B pencils, perhaps I'd like one of those more than the 2B.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.